BBC iPlayer Plugin | Page 2

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by metropolis, May 21, 2008.

1. unitygain

unitygain Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    boxee have it all incorporated into their programme great bbc iplayer interface to ...although thats all they really have going to ber honest ... well personally for me , its only in alpha i spose but the don't like the skin and thats a big selling point for me

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mew

Mew Portal Pro

COBOL/DB2 IBM z/Series Mainframe Developer
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Show System Specs
    Hi adam_purkis

I think it can be done as it has been done in C# for Vista Media Center (see TunerFree MCE.)

In fact if you look at the website, the plugin appears to be BBC iPlayer, Channel 4 Watch Online, ITV Player, Five Demand and HULU all rolled into one interface with background images.

As with many requests, it requires a C# developer (I assume based in the UK due to iPlayer restrictions) who wishes to use a lot of their spare time (and has an interest in) developing a MediaPortal version of the plugin.

Mew

4. wonkyd
    • Team MediaPortal

wonkyd Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +184 / 1
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    It's all open source too SourceForge.net: TunerFree MCE

5. adam_purkis

adam_purkis Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    unfortunatly i cant help in that area as i have absolutly zero programming knowledge

6. FoxForceFive

FoxForceFive Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    If the Boxee team have managed it's obviously possible, so I'd assume it's only a matter of time before someone adapts their code to work for MP.

7. adam_purkis

adam_purkis Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    tunerfreemce looks pretty good, unfortunatly dont have the skills to port that to mediaportal

8. Simon_6162

Simon_6162 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all

I hadn't seen tunerFree till I saw this post, but I was thinking of hacking together a solution using mplayer, with get_iplayer. I think it should be fairly simple to use get_iplayer, to list all available shows via the myth xml file and then use it to download a show to a temp file that can then be played whilst downloading with mplayer. I'll try with the default medial portal player, but I'm not hopeful, but I know mplayer will work this way. Additionally the high quality flash files can also be streamed.

I've done a fair amount of programming but never touched C#, so if anyone else wants to try I'm more than happy to sit out, otherwise I'll make a start in a week or two after I move.

let me know if any one can see why this wouldn't work, or a neater solution.

Simon

9. grandalf

grandalf Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    I seem to recollect seeing a plugin listed for GBPVR. Not sure how it works though.

10. happyf1sh

happyf1sh Portal Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    So,

I have started to look at this as a project as well as Simon_6162, but as I haven't ever programmed in anger this may take a while. Actually this project is just an excuse to learn some useful programming instead of just scripts.

So far I have hacked around with TunerFree and now a have a naff/basic plugin that can collect the latest program data at the push of a button. It seems that is the easy bit.:)

Now the UI bit. :eek:
    The interface for Tunerfree is in MCML - so I have to kinda learn a bit about that before I can convert. If anyone knows any cheats/pointers re: porting MCML stuff to mediaportal UI then that would be helpful.

Anyway, I'll pop back up in a couple of weeks if I get any further along.

Laters
    :D

11. adam_purkis

adam_purkis Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    sounds like a positive start! good luck with everything, looking forward to see how it goes. can't help you though sorry

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!