BBC iPlayer Plugin (1 Viewer)

Jimbawb

Portal Pro
December 9, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Wow, nice one! I'm definitely going to look into having a bash at this...I might start with the xml skin stuff and see what i can do.

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
May 10, 2008
Home Country
wow like how this has got going! looks like good work so far!

one question, will this also have any other channels support like tunerfree MCE? like channel 4 or anything?

Jimbawb

Portal Pro
December 9, 2007
Home Country
Hi guys - I've knocked up a very rough and ready xml file for this...it has no functionality yet but I'm still learning :) I'll carry on with it more later today hopefully...try and build more functionality into it.

Attachments

• quick_example.JPG
    quick_example.JPG
    42.5 KB

biosonik

Portal Member
March 31, 2009
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
one question, will this also have any other channels support like tunerfree MCE? like channel 4 or anything?

I have no choice but to write in channel4. My girlfriend has a strange fasination with the channel. Again, it will be a website rip but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

This iPlayer plugin is actually surprisingly simple I'm surprised we don't have one yet...

Jimbawb, are those icons in your screenshot clickable? as in, can I click them and get an individual id or path from them in C#?

Jimbawb

Portal Pro
December 9, 2007
Home Country

I have no choice but to write in channel4. My girlfriend has a strange fasination with the channel. Again, it will be a website rip but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

This iPlayer plugin is actually surprisingly simple I'm surprised we don't have one yet...

Jimbawb, are those icons in your screenshot clickable? as in, can I click them and get an individual id or path from them in C#?

Not yet but they will be soon :) It was a quick knockup as I've only just started learning this! It'll most likely change so the main page has bbc iplayer, itv player, 4od etc - and then drilling down into those will give you the separate channels.

I've got them clickable, ID's:

bbc one - 2
bbc two - 3
itv - 4
c4 - 5
five - 6
bbc three - 7
bbc four - 8
cbbc - 9

Jimbawb

Portal Pro
December 9, 2007
Home Country
Cool - does anyone know of any good skin guides apart from the one in the wiki? It's good for starting off but theres no explanations of a lot of the features that are available - I've tried picking through ones such as TV series etc but I'm just lost!

Mainly im thinking what happens when a channel is clicked - it should really go to a "my videos" type view I'd imagine with a list of programmes available..but I can't seem to begin to see how that is displayed with skin files (it has to be tied into the c# code i would assume...)

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
Are you able to pick the shows that are available via the xml feeds? And base them on date etc.?

Jimbawb

Portal Pro
December 9, 2007
Home Country
Are you able to pick the shows that are available via the xml feeds? And base them on date etc.?

I would assume that would be handed by the code part rather than the skin. From the looks of things so far it seems you need to get the special "pid" number to identify the programme?

Users who are viewing this thread