Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OOO! This sounds exciting!

biosonik

Portal Member
    March 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Seems like an interesting learning project. I might take a crack at it...for shh's and giggles

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    Great to see that people are working on this! This would complete my MP wishlist! I would love to help but have pretty much 0 programming knowledge :( However I would be interested in any BETA testing etc.

Keep up the great work guys! I patiently await the results :)

biosonik

Portal Member
    March 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I've had a little look into TunerFreeMCE and as far as I can tell the author is simply gathering a list of shows, saving them in a database and using an html page to stream the content. No magic wmv streaming, no tricks, just simple embeded objects.

Two ways I can see this being done in mp.
    One: Build a flash player that uses RTMP protocal (for streaming). (hassle) .
    Two: Throw the video into an embeded object on an html page like TunerFreeMCE (hassle).

Jimbawb

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2007
    Home Country
    I'd really like to help out with this too - just to learn code really! I've done php/perl and stuff but never some hardcore coding..to be honest I'm not sure I'd know where to start but I'd love to help out somehow!

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I've had a little look into TunerFreeMCE and as far as I can tell the author is simply gathering a list of shows, saving them in a database and using an html page to stream the content. No magic wmv streaming, no tricks, just simple embeded objects.

Two ways I can see this being done in mp.
    One: Build a flash player that uses RTMP protocal (for streaming). (hassle) .
    Two: Throw the video into an embeded object on an html page like TunerFreeMCE (hassle).

The internal player in MediaPortal is able to show .flv streams as long as the user's directshow filters are able to render the stream. What we need is a way to pull down the available programs and make information available to the GUI so that a skin can be put around the plugin.

biosonik

Portal Member
    March 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    meh, that wasn't as hard as I thought. It rough, raw and down right dirty but its a start.

Got both - embeded HTML and mediaportal builtin player working. I think i'll stick with the builtin player to ensure remote controls are supported and its easier.

I'll try get a bit further with this (mainly just the interface now).

Started a project: mp-iplayer - Google Code
    Anyone is welcome to join. I'll try for a working sample by the weekend.

Jimbawb I started in PHP aswell. I just started C# a couple of weeks ago, wrote a nzb downloader (MyLeech), learned alot, still know sweet f-all about C# but I try...

Attachments

• testing.JPG
      testing.JPG
      45.4 KB
    • testing2.JPG
      testing2.JPG
      78.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread