BBC iPlayer problems? (1 Viewer)

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Anyone else having problems with iPlayer? Everything I try to play just gives a NoDataAvailable error. I have tried an update but to no avail..

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I still have this issue - can someone confirm that BBC iPlayer works for them? If so, then I'll upload some logs :)

Cheers!

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    This seems to be just an issue with me.

Log attached, any idea?

Attachments

• OnlineVideos.zip
      2.4 KB

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Works OK here.

Are you using an AntiVirus, try adding exceptions for MediaPortal.exe.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    No antivirus - never have on the htpc. In the end I've moved away from Mediaportal to Mediabrowser 3. It meets my needs better unfortunately. A shame, as I had used Mediaportal since 2009 :-(

Still the best for live tv, but I ended up moving to Youview as a solution for that.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I was still having problems, but to be honest I stopped using Mediaportal some months ago.

Cheers..

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes I know what you mean, I'm still playing with MP on my desktop but gave up on it and went back to Media Center on my HTPC. Just too many things that don't work in MP!

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Yes I know what you mean, I'm still playing with MP on my desktop but gave up on it and went back to Media Center on my HTPC. Just too many things that don't work in MP!

Don't get me wrong, MePo is an excellent piece of software and still can't be bettered for live tv really. I just found a better option for me in Mediabrowser and went to YouView for my live TV instead. Having the recent availability of fibre broadband opened up more options on the TV side (BT) so Sky are also history.

That said, I used MePo since 2009 and it's been a very good servant!

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Don't get me wrong, MePo is an excellent piece of software and still can't be bettered for live tv really. I just found a better option for me in Mediabrowser and went to YouView for my live TV instead. Having the recent availability of fibre broadband opened up more options on the TV side (BT) so Sky are also history.

That said, I used MePo since 2009 and it's been a very good servant!

Understood, it just saddens me that despite the great power available in an HTPC, the software has seriously fallen behind, in terms of performance and functionality, compared to other offerings such as YouView(hardware free with contract), NowTV (just 9,99 GBP). I still believe in an integrated solution which is possible with an MP HTPC but at present that means no HBBTV (interavtive TV), no Bluray3D, no analog cable and difficulties with Live internet TV.

Users who are viewing this thread