Best card available (1 Viewer)

thebyp

Portal Member
December 7, 2005
HI All,

As i seemed to be having so many problems with my current TV card (nova-t usb2) i wondered if there was a better card to have that was known to be fully compatible and the preverbiable POP to install?

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
If you're looking for just an Analog card, I'd suggest the Hauppauge PVR500 dual tuner card.

If you're looking for a digital card, unfortunately I can't make any suggestions! :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi thebyp

Love my lifeview duo sub 50 quid and analogue/digital too boot and works a charm digitally with media portal, channel change timeshifting now under 2 seconds and before you ask no you cannot watch 1 channel whilst recording another hope this helps

Ray 8)

madmonkeyman

Portal Member
    June 10, 2005
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    LIfeview

Hello!

I have a LifeView Duo DVB-T PCI card and it is good. Unfortunately though I have never got the Analogue tuner to work with MP. Digital works great though. Would be very interested to find out how the previous poster got the analogue tuner to work and also if he has got the Composite/S-Video inputs to work as well??

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Generally there is no problems with MCE hardware/drivers as MCE is just XP home with the MCE application attached to it.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Madmonkey try latest cvs
    Unfortunately unless i stick another aerial on the roof the house is upto its limit on signal, but looks like support for analogue now added with manual tune only in setup (country not available). PS new lifeview driver available jan 2006

Ray 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    This plugin is alternate version to the original World Weather plugin developed by @Micropolis. Is compatible with MediaPortal...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom