Best card available (1 Viewer)

thebyp

Portal Member
December 7, 2005
HI All,

As i seemed to be having so many problems with my current TV card (nova-t usb2) i wondered if there was a better card to have that was known to be fully compatible and the preverbiable POP to install?

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
If you're looking for just an Analog card, I'd suggest the Hauppauge PVR500 dual tuner card.

If you're looking for a digital card, unfortunately I can't make any suggestions! :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi thebyp

Love my lifeview duo sub 50 quid and analogue/digital too boot and works a charm digitally with media portal, channel change timeshifting now under 2 seconds and before you ask no you cannot watch 1 channel whilst recording another hope this helps

Ray 8)

madmonkeyman

Portal Member
    June 10, 2005
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    LIfeview

Hello!

I have a LifeView Duo DVB-T PCI card and it is good. Unfortunately though I have never got the Analogue tuner to work with MP. Digital works great though. Would be very interested to find out how the previous poster got the analogue tuner to work and also if he has got the Composite/S-Video inputs to work as well??

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Generally there is no problems with MCE hardware/drivers as MCE is just XP home with the MCE application attached to it.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Madmonkey try latest cvs
    Unfortunately unless i stick another aerial on the roof the house is upto its limit on signal, but looks like support for analogue now added with manual tune only in setup (country not available). PS new lifeview driver available jan 2006

Ray 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Mediaportal 2.4.1 DE
    Please use this thread for any TVMosaic related topics. It seams you have only installed MP2.4.1 with the TVMosaic client plugin. The TVMosaic server is not part of it. you'll need to install TVMosaic Community Edition additionally. Everything is described in linked thread.
    Please use this thread for any TVMosaic related topics. It seams you have only installed MP2.4.1 with the TVMosaic client plugin...
    I just tried to install Mediaportal 2.4.1, having an old Mediaportal 1 at the same time. Unfortunately i did only see later that...
    Replies
    Views
    No problem, Thanks for you help I will give other software a try:)
    No problem, Thanks for you help I will give other software a try:)
    Wondering if someone could help me with a tuning problem? My equipment for tuning are (3) HDhomerun primes each with a cable card...
    Replies
    Views
    I get the same graph for both channels in PiP mode. See attached. No sound from second channel (even it it's subsequently switched to be the main channel), but the graph stays the same in any of the possible scenarios. N.
    I get the same graph for both channels in PiP mode. See attached. No sound from second channel (even it it's subsequently...
    I had this problem in MP1, and could never solve it, which prompted me to switch to MP2, in which, blessedly, I did not have the...
    Replies
    Views
    :(. I have never used satellite TV, and I regret that I do not know what the problem might be. TV Server scans only those frequencies that are defined in the tuning-parameters file for the satellite that you are scanning, so it is possible that the missing channels have moved to a new frequency that is not contained in the...
    :(. I have never used satellite TV, and I regret that I do not know what the problem might be. TV Server scans only those...
    After many years of successful usage of MediaPortal, we were forced to upgrade the htpc (it's now more than 10 years old). I needed...
    Replies
    Views
    that is absolutely not my impression, I think I reboot my htpc max a couple of times a year, usually (wild guess) when directx derails (symptoms are: frozen image, or sound only at video playback) Mind you, it's MP client only, no tvservice, and mp shutdown before sleep (and ofcourse start again at wake) Edit: leaving MP running...
    that is absolutely not my impression, I think I reboot my htpc max a couple of times a year, usually (wild guess) when directx...
    Hello my media portal doesn't start anymore, it was working fine yesterday but impossible to start now. The last time I shutdown...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom