Black Glass Skin 1.5.1 (3 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    2. Could you please speed up the Fade in/fade out times, IMO it's a bit too slow for everyday use..
    3. Alot of the "pop up" screens (e.g. the "TV now" when watching TV) are using the max width, would probably be nicer with a little more space between the sides and the "pop up"

+1 for those points

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If i clicked "+ and -" on my Keyboard i can see the Volume settings on TV but if i clicked Volume on my Logitech Keyboard Media Buttons i cannot see this Volume Settings.

I think this normaly and no issue on your skin.

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    what I mean is something different: when controls are placed at the very border, they are partly outside of screen (due to overlay). this applies also zu TvMiniGuide, there are the logos cut off some pixels

my ask is to have important controls and items not directly attached to screen-borders, but having some space (like 20 pixel to each side).

I've understood! So please tell me which pages are problematic. I should calculate at least 20-30px to each side?

If you want I can adjust this dialog, as I created the b3(wide) dialog version. I also can test well, because I have CAM in dev PC available.

You are welcome!!!! I'm attaching my last xml version to test! Please have a look at it! :D

1. Don't like the Home Screen background, I'd prefer a simple Monochrome-like menu without a big background picture if you know what I mean.
    I'll see if i can find something better.

2. Could you please speed up the Fade in/fade out times, IMO it's a bit too slow for everyday use..
    You are right! Next release will have 250 ms of fade instead of 500 ms. This should be a good compromise.

3. Alot of the "pop up" screens (e.g. the "TV now" when watching TV) are using the max width, would probably be nicer with a little more space between the sides and the "pop up"
    I'll rework these screens as soon as i can... You are not the first one who complains about dialog screens! :(

4. In general, I'm not a big fan of the "fade from right" menus. I prefer a centered pop-up
    I like this right menu. It is complemented by the left menu. And i like the effect when the 2 menus are visible together.

5. My TV Series: I can't seem to get posters to show (using "List Posters" view)
    I suppose this issue should be fixed if you install the latest version of the plugin. I had the same problem with the other pc where the plugin was not updated to the lastest version.

7. One last thing - Probably prefer the OSD progress bar at the top rather than at the bottom...

I prefer the osd progress bar at the bottom. One of the things i don't like about the other skins is that they have the progress bar at the bottom but in the middle of the subtitles area. Every now and then i stumble across some videos with subtitles appearing at the bottom part of the screen... just where all the other skin make the progress bar appear. In this way it is not possible to read subtitles, if i have to pause and read them with calm! So i tried this approach at the full bottom in a simple and unobtrusive way!

Anyways, i really thank you for your remarks, i'll keep them in mind! :D

Say someone wants the top row to have MyVideos, Moving Pictures and My TV-Series, and someone else wants these in the bottom row, and with some different placement, that'll be 15 folders (1 per position) and each should then contain 1 fitting image for each plugin, right?

Edit: Perhaps releasing a .psd file for each position would be easier?

Yes this would be a huge work!
    I have a psd file ready for the purpose. Anyone with Photoshop could edit his own buttons.
    The problem is that this is not so simple. Getting the button with the hover effect is a bit tricky... but we could try, perhaps with a little manual or readme together with the file :)

Thanks to everybody!

:D

Tgx

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    First of all: AWESOME skin, thx a lot Tgx :D

Two small details: When in the tv section you see the epg data (first image) and a tv preview... Imo this isn't of much use since you can easily get the epg data in fullscreen mode (press y) so would it be possible to put the "fade-from-left" menu there like in the blue3 skin?

tv_1.jpgtv_2.jpg

The poster in the tvseries plugin (third image) looks a little odd imo, like it has been placed there because it was available... I think it looks a little better without the poster...

tv_3.jpg

Anyways thanks again for this skin, keep up the great work :)

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Small mod.
    Support for RRS-Ticker plugin (complete and only news-no weather)
    Support for fanart in myvideos plugin (.jpg images - fanart images directory: ....../media/FanArt Video)
    Please delete unnecessary world from .xml (.ONLY_NEWS, .RSS, .FANART)

Hi.
    mamachan

Attachments

• 14-22-45_1.jpg
      14-22-45_1.jpg
      133 KB
    • 21-50-47.jpg
      21-50-47.jpg
      127.6 KB
    • 21-53-03.jpg
      21-53-03.jpg
      153.3 KB
    • BasicHome.ONLY_NEWS.xml
      30.7 KB
    • BasicHome.RSS.xml
      30.6 KB
    • myvideoTitle.FANART.xml
      30.7 KB

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello!

I've just released skin version 1.1.0. These are the updates:

• Added support for: MyFilms, MyTrailers and RadioTime.
    • Completed support for MyVideos (thanks to mamachan).
    • Completely revamped Dialogs (thanks to morpheus_xx and ChriZ).
    • Fixed several issues in: MyLyrics (thanks to mackey), Weather (thanks to morpheus_xx), Volume Osd, Tv section.
    • Reworked music and videos overlays.
    • Speeded up transitions between screens (thanks to morpheus_xx and ChriZ).

I hope you like it! ;)

Thanks to everybody for supporting me!

Bye

Tgx

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    support for:

- HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.2
    - OnlineVideos 0.9.7

will be great.

Thanks
    mamachan

efla

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2007
    Fantastic skin , great job !

+1 for support on ForTheRecord, because w/o 4TR I can't use the skin as access to TV module is key for me
    +1 for Online Video

Conflicted

Portal Member
    July 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey Tgx!

First of all: Nice design, was wondering where the Italians were hiding :)
    Just a couple of notes, please take them as minor suggestions and not complaints. I think your skin already is almost perfect, thats why I'm using it.

- The timeline bar, I like the position and size, but not sure about the colors and shape, looks a bit too much like a tube?
    - The TV main screen, is it just me or does the TV shape look like a DVD case with the little flap on the bottom?
    - I sort of like the unofficial logo version by joostzilla found here think it would look great with your design, what do you think?

I also have a question about your TV logos, they seem to be a bit wider than the ones I am using, can you tell me the size so I can make ones that match your skin?

Other then that this skin is if you ask me the freshest looking out there right now, I get a Iphone-feel from it :p
    Can't wait for MyEmulators support, after that this skin is complete in my eyes.

Thanks,
    Viktor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom