Black Glass Skin 2.0.1 (1 Viewer)

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hey File Explorer seems to be a bit funny, can't access the Left or Right menu option once I have left it... Hope I make sense. Thanks for the quick update BTW..

Yeah! You're right!

Use this file instead!

Thanks

Tgx

Attachments

• File Explorer_main.xml
      30.7 KB

jtgowen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 3, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Since 2.0.0 (& 2.0.1) when I leave my MP on the basic home screen over night, the next morning the screen is frozen. When I press buttons on the remote I can hear the sounds in the background and even start live tv but the screen doens't update.

My first thoughts when using 2.0.0 was to disable the screensaver option in mp config (mp was set to reduce screen update) but this made no difference. So I...

Reverted to 1.9.0 and I no longer have this issue. The only obvious thing that I can see thats changed on the basic home screen is the ticker now has multiple feeds. Could one of my feeds be the issue or is anyone else experiencing this freeze? is it a bug in the basic home xml?

P.s. Tgx I forgot to say thank you for the horizontal volume control! Thank you for that perfect.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I hope you like it! :)

I like it... I love it!

My skin of choice has been Monochrome for as long as it is around, but since the move to the sliding menus (nice looking ;)) this skin is not useable for me with my touchscreen.

This one is!

Only thing missing is volume up/down from e.g. the top bar (not sure if this is possible)

Thanks for this skin and all the hard work you (and the community) have put into it.

regards,
    Ruud.

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Only thing missing is volume up/down from e.g. the top bar (not sure if this is possible)
    Thanks for this skin and all the hard work you (and the community) have put into it.

I'm investigating... I'll try to add it!

Thanks

Tgx

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Since 2.0.0 (& 2.0.1) when I leave my MP on the basic home screen over night, the next morning the screen is frozen. When I press buttons on the remote I can hear the sounds in the background and even start live tv but the screen doens't update.

Reverted to 1.9.0 and I no longer have this issue. The only obvious thing that I can see thats changed on the basic home screen is the ticker now has multiple feeds. Could one of my feeds be the issue or is anyone else experiencing this freeze? is it a bug in the basic home xml?

I have no problems in 2.0.1 basichome screen. I think it's related to the feeds.
    Could you please test this file on 2.0.1 version and see if it's ok? It shows data only from the default feed as it was in 1.9.0 version.

Thanks

Tgx

Attachments

• Infoservice.rss.feed.xml
      30.7 KB

felzar

Portal Member
    December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi Tgx,

I am new to mediaportal so I apologise if my question may be a bit basic. I really love your lack Glass skin but I am having some trouble with the basic home screen editor. I can change the function of a button e.g. change Showtime to Skype. This works correctly i.e when the button is in focus I get Skype for descritption and when I press the button I get taken to the Skype plugin as expected. However i cannot change the button graphics! In the editor I load a pic (skype logo) and save this as the focus button in Media folder. I then load a slightly dimmer version and save this again in the Media folder as the unfocus button. Filenames created are basichome_109_focus & basichome_109_nofocus respectively. I also saved the BasicHome_buttons xml in the Black Glass folder, overwriting the original. However, when I start Mediportal with the Black Glass skin, i still get the Black Glass default image for this button. If I go back to media subfolder and open the basichome_9 focus.png get my custom image (Skye logo). I cannot understand what I am doing wrong. Can you please help me?

Thanks,
    felzar.

Mediportal 1.0.2 running under Win 7

PS I never deleted the original button PNG files. Instead I renamed them by adding _original to filename and moved them to another subfolder.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi Tgx,

I am new to mediaportal so I apologise if my question may be a bit basic. I really love your lack Glass skin but I am having some trouble with the basic home screen editor. I can change the function of a button e.g. change Showtime to Skype. This works correctly i.e when the button is in focus I get Skype for descritption and when I press the button I get taken to the Skype plugin as expected. However i cannot change the button graphics! In the editor I load a pic (skype logo) and save this as the focus button in Media folder. I then load a slightly dimmer version and save this again in the Media folder as the unfocus button. Filenames created are basichome_109_focus & basichome_109_nofocus respectively. I also saved the BasicHome_buttons xml in the Black Glass folder, overwriting the original. However, when I start Mediportal with the Black Glass skin, i still get the Black Glass default image for this button. If I go back to media subfolder and open the basichome_9 focus.png get my custom image (Skye logo). I cannot understand what I am doing wrong. Can you please help me?

Thanks,
    felzar.

Mediportal 1.0.2 running under Win 7

PS I never deleted the original button PNG files. Instead I renamed them by adding _original to filename and moved them to another subfolder.

hi ,
    delet your Cache folder , is an hiden file in C:/ProgramData /team mediaportal/mediaportal/cache.
    just delet the black glass folder in that CACHE folder and restart MP.

felzar

Portal Member
    December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    hi ,
    delet your Cache folder , is an hiden file in C:/ProgramData /team mediaportal/mediaportal/cache.
    just delet the black glass folder in that CACHE folder and restart MP.[/QUOTE]

:D

It worked a treat. Thank you very much. Have a very happy New Year and I hope Befana brings you many nice presents :p

Thanks,
    Felzar.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi Tgx !
    any prograss on MovingPicture full color fanart ,for BlackGlass version 2.0.1 ?

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    hi Tgx !
    any prograss on MovingPicture full color fanart, for BlackGlass version 2.0.1 ?
    I'm working on many things:

• Moving pictures 1.0.1 full color fanart
    • New tv and radio guide
    • New detail screens in: onlinevideos, tvseries, showtimes
    • Media logos in tvseries
    • New media logos for dolby codecs
    • Some bug fixes
    • Many little tweaks
    • New topbar with volume controls

All these things before the end of the year!

Thanks

Tgx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom