Status
Not open for further replies.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
i was having a play around earlier and changed the selection bar in home screen..

16756.jpg

what do you reckon? i can attach the png file if you fancy using it permanantly? also, heres a screener of the grey tv guide (i havent got a tv card installed on my test pc but you get the idea)..

16757.jpg

by the way, Dave, the mytvhome.xml file worked out great, so maybe you could put it in the next skin file upload.

cheers.

Gary

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Is it possible to make the tv-guide gray instead of blue..

I (the wife!!) don't like grey TV guides which is why I left it blue but I'll put a grey version together for the next upload (in the next few days) so people can choose which colour they want (which will just involve renaming the XML file) :)

Changing the blue font colour in the home section etc. would also be nice..

I agree. Plus the font colour of the song "now playing" needs to be changed - the grey is too hard to read. Unfortunately I haven't worked out how to do this yet (I'm learning as I go here!) so if anyone can tell me that would be great.

i was having a play around earlier and changed the selection bar in home screen....

Blue isn't a bit of me but I'm happy to include it and people can rename that file too if they want a blue bar. The only thing is then it would be the only page that uses a blue bar (apart from the plugins page).... I was thinking of a shiny black button but haven't had a chance to see how that looks yet. I want the skin to look professional but not overly dark...

..the mytvhome.xml file worked out great, so maybe you could put it in the next skin file upload...

Excellent, will do!!

I made a couple of changes yesterday + here's what I'm working on at the mo:

1. Fixed the "objects" label showing on the Basic Home screen. On the current release if you've been in My Music for example (which shows an object count at the bottom of the screen) and then you push the green button twice to get to Basic Home the object count shows up there :mad: I didn't like that so it's fixed! :D

2. Made the CD cover for "now playing" look better + flipped it horizontally (I had already changed it from the Blue 3 version but it needed tweaking). I think I'll change that page around a bit more though - it looks weird to me having the CD coming out of the spine of the CD case (it's the little things that count right?? :) ) so I'm going to put the CD cover on the left and have the CD on the right....

3. Global search. CD cover is now shown in a CD case in the music details screen - looks much nicer!

4. Will get "My Films" sorted in the next few days (I'm already using the "films" image you attached in place of "Spiderman CD" - looks good)

5. I'm going to post on here what people need to do to add support to plugins - it's pretty straightforward.

One question for anyone that has used Foofaraw extensively (Gary?? :) ) Do you think I should add the ability to jump to different parts of MP using the "shortcut" icons that Foofaraw has in the bottom right of the screen?? I never really used the skin much (only tried for the first time a week ago and loved it straight away) so I don't know how useful those buttons are.....

Cheers

Dave

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    There is always the absolute simplest way, use the Windows search function, marking to find hidden files, and search for cache, usually within the first five folders found :).
    Simplest way:
    Start -> Programs -> Team MediaPortal -> MediaPortal -> User files
    or
    Start MediaPortal configuration.exe -> upper left corner
    :)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Grey TV Guide - it goes better with the skin but I don't think the wife's going to like it....

bleazle-albums-picture-files-picture105-grey-tv-guide.jpg

EDIT: She does like it :) so I'll make this the default TV guide with the option of having a Blue guide for people who prefer that. I think it's easier to read when it's blue but it doesn't go with the skin...

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Grey TV Guide - it goes better with the skin but I don't think the wife's going to like it....

bleazle-albums-picture-files-picture105-grey-tv-guide.jpg

EDIT: She does like it :) so I'll make this the default TV guide with the option of having a Blue guide for people who prefer that. I think it's easier to read when it's blue but it doesn't go with the skin...

Yaaaaayyy

Please thank your wife for us :)

Im keen to use this, so might put some images together for the Tetris and Suduko in Plugins ... get rid of the little man for good :)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Working on this skin....

...Yaaaaayyy Please thank your wife for us :)

haha :D I will.

.. might put some images together for the Tetris and Suduko in Plugins

That would be great! :)

...get rid of the little man for good :)

Sounds like a plan to me!! :D

If anyone wants to create (or already has) some "hover" images that tie in with the theme of this skin (no Meepos allowed!) for any plugins not yet supported (which is most of them at this stage!) please do so!

I guess if you send me the images once they're done + the XML file(s) required for the plugin I can make up the logo text and add the code to the XML file required to make it look like the rest of the skin then I'll upload it for testing.

You can email me at: bleazle_at_xtra_dot_co_dot_nz (obviously take out the "_" and put in the "@" and the "." s!)

Note: I've already got a "hover" image for TV Series but not the XML file(s)...

I'll add this info to the first post on this thread too...

Cheers Dave

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Is it possible to make the tv-guide gray instead of blue..

One question for anyone that has used Foofaraw extensively (Gary?? :) ) Do you think I should add the ability to jump to different parts of MP using the "shortcut" icons that Foofaraw has in the bottom right of the screen?? I never really used the skin much (only tried for the first time a week ago and loved it straight away) so I don't know how useful those buttons are.....

Cheers

Dave

i dont really know what shortcuts you mean, but if there are any then ive definately never used them as i just use the shortcut buttons on my remote.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...i dont really know what shortcuts you mean, but if there are any then ive definately never used them as i just use the shortcut buttons on my remote.

I'll take a screenshot of them tomorrow - too tired just now!

Currently uploading a new and improved version of the skin so it should be available for downloading in a few hours. I'll update the first post tomorrow morning (my time - it's 1 am here now!) with the details of the changes but basically they are:

MyFilms - now supported (well as good as Blue 3 supports it anyway)
    Erroneous blue text changed to white of light grey (unselected text in the home screen) - the only blue text you should see now is if a TV or video recording has been played
    "Flipped" the CD cover/CD layout in the "Music - now playing screen" + added reflection to the CD
    Global search - added reflection to the CD in the "music details" screen
    TV Guide is now grey (with the option of changing it to blue if you want to).

I think that's it. I'll update the download link in the first post tomorrow but in the meantime I'm sure you guys will be able to find it once it's made available.

Dave

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    great work dude, looking forward to taking it for a test drive. now get off to bed you mad nutter! :D

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...now get off to bed you mad nutter! :D

:D I had to get it to a point where I was happy with it - tired today though. That's two nights in a row I've been up past 1am tidying this thing up. The "job satisfaction" makes it worth it though when I sit down in front of my TV with a beer in my hand :D

Here's a screenshot of the "shortcut links" I was talking about in Foofaraw. When you click on them the screen goes dark and you can scroll through the icons then jump to another part of MP withough having to go through the Home screen. I'm like you - I use the shortcuts on my remote(s) too but this might be handy?

I might have a play around with it anyway. I don't really like the way it works in Foofaraw as far getting to the links (and getting out of them) is concerned but if it can be simplified it could be good? I don't want to overcomplicate the skin though...

bleazle-albums-picture-files-picture117-foofaraw.jpg

Since looking at the screenshots I've just uploaded of the TV Guide I'm thinking of moving the current time/date from the bottom right of the screen to the top right which is where it is in most of the other screens. Anyone got an opinion on that?

Dave

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom