Blue3 Skinfiles For TV-Series (1 Viewer)

OrionHall

Portal Pro
September 13, 2007
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
In the config of MyTVseries you have a checkbox to disable it, in the "mediaportal display control" tab

Hi z3us,

The only option on the Display Control tab that seems related is 'Immediately switch views by pressing left/right (else show popup). I did try that, but then the left/right thing gets totally confused - the animation starts a bit but I guess it's trying to refresh the view at the same time - the description panel never appears.

If there's something obvious I'm missing I'd appreciate any advice!

Thanks,

Orion.

japes

Portal Member
October 27, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I added the 2 xml files from this thread to my blue3 skin folder but for some reason in MP when I go to the my-tvseries page everything is sized to fit into the upper left corner of the screen with nothing but black space around the lower and right sides.

How can I fix this?

tvseries.JPG

japes

Portal Member
October 27, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Actually this thread was linked from the Blue3Wide thread so I figured it would just stretch it like it did the other plugins that weren't in blue3 yet.

So yes.

I had different issues with other plugins such as the bottom of the list cut off and such but I fugured out how to move the stuff up by editting the xml

Is there anything similar I can do to fix this one

Thanks

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    gamejester,

Any luck with the overlapping text issue? How about a skin for Blue3 wide?

Thanks.

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi All,

Loving the new skin so far - my thanks to all those working on this.

Can someone clear something up for me? I like the descriptions which pop-out when you hit 'left' and 'right' - but MPTVSeries pops up a 'change view' dialog at the same time. I've only seen one other mention of this problem in the forums, but no solution. I don't use the Views system myself - the default 'all' view is great for me. But even after disabling all the views except 'all' I still get the pop-up dialog (only listing one entry now).

Any hints?

Cheers,

Orion.

Yes sorry you are correct, it needs me to change the behaviour in the plugin. I had quickly done this a while back but didn't put in the key for thetvdb.com so it was not usable to pull down new info; that is why the dll was pulled from the download.

I have the keys now so 'could' sort it out, but would like to run it past Damien and ZeFlash first as they have been making a lot of changes and I do not want to release something that is not ready.

Basically the 'fix' (if you can call it that) is to disable the overriding left/right functions in this plugin to allow a skinner to use the onLeft onRight functions in a skin to do those nice pop out info panels. You will still be able to switch views but it will be an extra click away, ie press info then select view from the menu - which is the same behaviour as the rest of the core, look ay myVideos as an example.

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Actually this thread was linked from the Blue3Wide thread so I figured it would just stretch it like it did the other plugins that weren't in blue3 yet.

So yes.

I had different issues with other plugins such as the bottom of the list cut off and such but I fugured out how to move the stuff up by editting the xml

Is there anything similar I can do to fix this one

Thanks

Should work fine in WS, I am using it (but not updated my code base for a while now).
    Duno if it could be an option you have set, do you have 'Autosize window mode to skin' set?
    What core base are you running?

OrionHall

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2007
    London
    Home Country
    Yes sorry you are correct, it needs me to change the behaviour in the plugin. I had quickly done this a while back but didn't put in the key for thetvdb.com so it was not usable to pull down new info; that is why the dll was pulled from the download.

I have the keys now so 'could' sort it out, but would like to run it past Damien and ZeFlash first as they have been making a lot of changes and I do not want to release something that is not ready.

Basically the 'fix' (if you can call it that) is to disable the overriding left/right functions in this plugin to allow a skinner to use the onLeft onRight functions in a skin to do those nice pop out info panels. You will still be able to switch views but it will be an extra click away, ie press info then select view from the menu - which is the same behaviour as the rest of the core, look ay myVideos as an example.

Thanks for clearing that up GameJester - thought I was going mad :)

I look forward to the next release when it's ready, and thanks again for an amazing plugin!

Cheers,

Orion.

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    gamejester,

Any luck with the overlapping text issue? How about a skin for Blue3 wide?

Thanks.

Not been keeping up with MP recently, work has gone crazy and it's fight for your job time for me!
    There are a few bugs still in the core which are causing the above issue; it is not a skin problem or a plugin one.

People can help to get these issue resolved by identify similar animations in the core and logging them as a bug. Best place to do this is in myVideos where there are still some obvious ones (you need this new B3 skin to see them as it is heavily animated).

To start with if people can confirm this bug we can get some traction with it.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-rc3-svn-builds-288/fadelables-not-rendered-after-imdb-screen-displayed-47257/

As for a WS skin, yes I will do one, but first we need to get rid of the last few bugs; then the 4:3 skin can be finished..................have you seen how rubbish the season cover screen is! also the crazy animation when you are in episode view and press left/right...................and the poorly sized fadelabels, etc...............just needs polishing.

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    gamejester,

Can you post what the tag is for showing mediainfo properties in the myTVSeries skin? I've asked midgar to add the mediainfo properties to his port of your skin to 16x9. Your original 4x3 skin had it but the one in the OP no longer has it.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread