Blue3 Wide Skin (1 Viewer)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Just Added Series Filmstrip view and some improvements to the Fanart Chooser window: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/blue3-wide-skin-47921/index3.html#post359116

Filmstrip View can be activated using: <series layout="Filmstrip">

first, thanks alot for your work on the skin !!

also, a recommendation is to create the rar file using the "team mediaportal" folder structure. then users just have to throw what is inside the rar file to c:\program files\team mediaportal

therefore inside rar create folder \skin\Blue3wide

Pacman

Portal Member
    August 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i have a Problem with the Skin.
    I dont know how to descripe it, because my english isnt good.
    But at the screenshot, i think you will see it.
    it looks like there is anything wrong.

there is no picture of the series and the text isn right there.

have anyone a idea?

thanks

Attachments

• mytvseries.jpg
      mytvseries.jpg
      90.4 KB

Needles

Portal Member
    December 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Useable with Blue3Wide Retro?

Hi ltfearme,

Sorry newb question:

I have just started using MP 1.0 and got everything setup just right and using Blue3Wide Retro 2.24 skin and would like to use TVSeries plugin. What exactly do I need to do to get this working? Is it a simple matter of using your from post #23 and modifying the TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml file by replacing all references to "Blue3Wide" with "Blue3Wide Retro"?

Cheers

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Is it a simple matter of using your from post #23 and modifying the TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml file by replacing all references to "Blue3Wide" with "Blue3Wide Retro"?

Cheers

That should do it, if you find some weird stuff it maybe because some images are missing (or differ) and/or fonts are different. You would then need to compare the images used in TVseries.xml and confirm they exist or are similar.

iancalderban

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2008
    milton keynes
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I stumbled on this thread after first ever attempt to get tv series working via a new zealand htpc forum, after googling the error message I got "missing or invalid file:".

can I suggest for the newcomer to tv series plugin, you put a loud message in the tv series wiki that "the default Blue3 skin will NOT work with this plugin unless you download extra stuff into the skin configuration" and reference to this thread? at first I found it totally bizarre that a plugin wouldn't work with the default skin, but hey, learning more about MP every day :oops:

I've installed the additional files to make this plugin work with blue3 skin from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/blue3-wide-skin-47921/index3.html#post359116 and I now have a tv series plugin that basically works and looks quite nice. yay! :D

however, I have this odd "tv.series.simple.currentview" text permanently sat there in the top left of this plugins screens. i assume that is something to do with this skin?

also, I get a continuous "going round in circle" type icon in the middle of the screen? it only goes away after I've watched something. is that expected?

one point (probably obvious) . newcomer doesn't care about tuning the skin/gui look/feel. newcomer just wants it to work. he will tune that stuff much later. me - I'm on MP 1 month now - it is a great app, but I am still a long way off having all the apps/plugins I want working right. I reckon I will start worrying about the gui look/feel in about a year!
    ta
    Ian

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi iancalderban, The Blue3 Wide Skin was only done recently so thats why it was not in any release notes packaged.

The next SVN Build and most definitely the final v2.1 release I will have this all packaged up so all the user will need to do is download, install and run.

Regarding the TVSeries.SimpleCurrentView text, I think this might be because of your version of TVseries. This is a new field only available in SVN builds which you should be using if using this skin.

Users who are viewing this thread