Bluetooth Remote? (1 Viewer)

finrudd341

Portal Pro
February 24, 2008
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Hi, reading this thread as I try and decide on the best HID for the new HTPC.

I am quite keen on the idea of a Bluetooth setup for keyboard and mouse, but the Harmony 895 Advanced Universal Remote from Logitech also looks quite good, and would perhaps be a better solution for everyday use. Has anyone tried this, and how compatible is it with MP?

I also looked at the Logitech wireless Play Station style controller, that might meet some of my needs...anyone got any experience of this, and how configurable it is?

The other thing I have seen, but not tried is the air-mouse - again, any feedback on what this is like would be appreciated.

:D

PHansen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 30, 2007
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I use a Logitech 785 remote with MediaPortal with great success. I have an iMon remote module on the computer case which gets all the signals from the remote without too many hitches. The initial set up of the remote was a good few hours worth of work compared to a plug and play solution like the keyboard and mouse, but it's very simple to use once all going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks CyberSimian, that's fixed it (y) and also thanks to AJS for including the change in the next release.
    Thanks CyberSimian, that's fixed it (y) and also thanks to AJS for including the change in the next release.
    When using the List Layout for Argus TV Recorded TV the page count is above the bottom information bar, refer to attached...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    This is apparently such a low level question that it's not even documented that I can find - I apologize in advance for this: I...
    Replies
    Views
    Are you trying to use a remote control or a keyboard? You can customise your input devices using the "Remotes and Other Input Devices" section in "MP Config". Using the "HID" tab, you can: Customise your remote control, and/or Customise your keyboard. Select one or both devices, and then pick the config that you are going to use...
    Are you trying to use a remote control or a keyboard? You can customise your input devices using the "Remotes and Other Input...
    Is there some way to change the raw mapping of the windows media center remote? With Hid Demo I find that the 'stop' button...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    Do live TV subtitles work for TV in Australia? If so what are the settings? I am a 74 year old with hearing impairment and have...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom