Bluetooth Remote? (1 Viewer)

hawihoney

Portal Pro
February 25, 2007
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

are there any bluetooth remote controls that work with MP on the market? I searched but I couldn't find one.

Many thanks in advance.

Honey

SwingSultan

Portal Pro
July 5, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
there are plug ins that would allow you to use your cell phone as remote. i think it was called blue portal. there is also another programm for mobile phones but i forgot the name it was about 30euros anyway. blueportal seems to be picky with some cell phones but its worth a look.

hawihoney

Portal Pro
February 25, 2007
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
there are plug ins that would allow you to use your cell phone as remote. i think it was called blue portal. there is also another programm for mobile phones but i forgot the name it was about 30euros anyway. blueportal seems to be picky with some cell phones but its worth a look.

Thanks for your answer. I'm looking for a replacement of my standard MCE remote. But this new one should work over Bluetooth - no infrared. Are there really no bluetooth remote controls on the market? I can't understand that.

It's a pleasure to work with a bluetooth enabled keyboard on my HTPC - no need to head it exactly to the computer. But with my MCE remote I have to point exactly to the machine. I just want to have that same support with my remote.

Any hints to a company that produces bluetooth enabled remote controls are highly appreciated.

Thanks
Harald

chewbaka

Portal Member
January 13, 2008
TOULOUSE
Home Country
France France
Well if all you need is to be bale to use your remote without having to point at a receptor there's always the good old ATI remote wonder or one of its clones. It's not bluetooth, it's radio, but no need to point anywere and works through walls

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    most Sony phones have HID as a built in control protocol for BlueTooth.
    I just paired my phone with my HTPC and I had simple controls, such as play, stop, left, right etc.

SwingSultan

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    are you using the ms mce remote reciever? beacause i dont have any problems with my mce remote. by using a slightly reflecting surface such as a non glare tft screen i can even use mine pointed 180 degrees away from the reciever. in any case there are raidio controls which should also do the trick but you need some sort of extra reciever for all of them.

PHansen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 30, 2007
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Tried the Wiimote, works fine, but it's almost a little to sensitive. i.e. when you try and press a button the remote moves and it moves off the button as your hand moves... takes some pretty good fine motor skills. While i wouldn't call myself a surgeon, i'm no slouch either.

It's also lacking a fair few buttons so you'd have to do everything through the menu's rather than direct keys.

Be wary when setting the Wiimote up though that if you have the machine to auto-restart over night (as i do to give windows a fresh run each morning) then you have to exit MP and reconnect the remote. I can't find anything to do an auto reconnect yet.

kingnubian

Portal Pro
    March 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well if all you need is to be bale to use your remote without having to point at a receptor there's always the good old ATI remote wonder or one of its clones. It's not bluetooth, it's radio, but no need to point anywere and works through walls

This is what I use & it works great. I use a third party application called Eventghost to receive & configure the remote commands which works seamlessly with MP.

Users who are viewing this thread