Bug Reports (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've been using Athena skin (I think that you are one of the best skinner for MP) and stumbled on this skin. Haven't been active on forum lately, and I like the one a lot. Looks very clean. But I found one issue, following are screenshot from Athena and Apollo. I'm looking for a subtitle, in Athena I can the file name, if it's a 720p, 1080p or avi file and choose the subtitle accordingly. I think it would be great idea to have the properties of file, another screenshot. So I choose the correct subtitle

Not a bug, you just have to go into the plugin, MovingPictures for example and in the main movie list, press your Info/F9 to bring up the context menu. In the bottom, you should see an Extended Info option, which will bring up the file name for the SubCentral plugin. This is also available for MP TV-Series btw.

Emph

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Something very weird just happened after starting MP on my DEV PC:
    11-49-30.png 11-50-00.png

Font seems really messed up for some weird reason i can't figure out.
    Running Windows 10, and it used to work fine till this morning. My HTPC doesn't suffer from this issue (for now).

Attempts to fix it (without success):
    • Re-install the fonts (except Roboto Regular, since that's 'in use').
    • Clear cache
    • reboot
    • re-install skin
    • re-install MP
    • downgrade MP version
    • Copy HTPC install to Desktop

Anybody else seeing this?

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just fully deleted the fonts from the registry, and didn't install them again, with good results:
    13-24-29.png

So let's see if rebooting & rebuilding the font cache helps and then install them again.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It seem duplicates are created during install. I noticed those when i opened a command prompt and searched for the installed fonts in C:\Windows\Fonts
    upload_2015-8-19_13-56-10.png

The installed fonts for Apollo are:
    • FiraSansOT (Light & Regular)
    • HelvLight Regular (search for 'HELN*' in command prompt!)
    • Roboto Regular (search for 'Media*' in command prompt!)

so now the steps to fix this:

1. Open a command prompt with admin rights
    2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Fonts
    3. Then delete all Apollo fonts with the commands:
      del FiraSans*.ttf
      del HEL*.ttf
      del MediaPortal*.ttf
    4. Exit the command prompt and reboot your PC
    5. After reboot, open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Apollo\MPDefaultFonts
    6. Install all skin fonts (right click > Install)
      Fonts can be found @: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Apollo\MPDefaultFonts

And all should be good again ;)

Last edited:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nice, i wonder why duplicates are getting created though. :confused:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    It seem duplicates are created during install. I noticed those when i opened a command prompt and searched for the installed fonts in C:\Windows\Fonts
    View attachment 168354

The installed fonts for Apollo are:
    • FiraSansOT (Light & Regular)
    • HelvLight Regular (search for 'HELN*' in command prompt!)
    • Roboto Regular (search for 'Media*' in command prompt!)

so now the steps to fix this:

1. Open a command prompt with admin rights
    2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Fonts
    3. Then delete all Apollo fonts with the commands:
      del FiraSans*.ttf
      del HEL*.ttf
      del MediaPortal*.ttf
    4. Exit the command prompt and reboot your PC
    5. After reboot, open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Apollo\MPDefaultFonts
    6. Install all fonts (right click > Install)

And all should be good again ;)
    Followed this and still have the same issue, then removed all and started mp to make sure all gone which was confirmed as i had default fonts instead. Installed again still no different after clearing cache etc, checked fonts dir only one font for each listed correctly :confused:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    The font itself can't be corrupt as it displays perfectly in photoshop :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread