Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Still a no go even started in safe mode removed font cache rebooted clear mp cache still the same, fuck i forgot how much i hate microsoft lol.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Strange... Did you check the registry if the Fonts are deleted from there also when you uninstall/remove them?
    HKEY_LM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Yep registry, fonts folder everything just can't understand it. I will just go back to windows 7 if it carries on :mad: lol

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will just go back to windows 7 if it carries on :mad: lol
    LOL, see it as an educational challenge ;)
    You get the normal fonts when you delete all the Apollo fonts right?
    So what if you do the following:
    - Remove all Apollo fonts through Config (open C:\Windows\Fonts in Windows Explorer and use the Uninstall option).
    - Check C:\Windows\Fonts (Command Prompt) if all fonts are really gone
    - Check registry to see if all values for these fonts are gone
    - Stop Font Cache service and clear font cache
    - Clear MP Cache
    - Reboot

First see if you have normal fonts back in MP. If that's the case, then install the Apollo fonts again and fingers crossed ;)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Yep done with no resolve still the same it's driving me nuts lol and out of ideas now :(

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same problem here.

@HomeY: Do you have it working with Fira or Roboto? The screenshot here does not show Fira ...
    @wizard123: Is the light version of Fira used anywhere?

The Helv font (only used in BasicHome main menu, right?) does not seem to have this problem.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Do you have it working with Fira or Roboto?
    Yeps.
    Ran into the issue on the HTPC yesterday also, and after fiddling around with it, it seems that when i remove the FiraSansOT-Regular font (and only install Light) it works fine, so i just left that font out.

If i'm correct, the FiraSansOT-Ligt is used for the Menu titles.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Just checked and HelvLight is the main menu Fira regular is all normal text. Homey is correct for now the fix is to remove Fira regular and clear your cache if on windows 10, blame microsoft for another bug ridden OS !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread