C# resources (1 Viewer)

keith2045

Portal Pro
February 16, 2006
Missouri
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Anyone know of a good resource to learn c#? I know i could search google for some tutorials but was hoping for some input on which one would be best. I would like to start helping out programming with MP but need to learn C# first.

keith2045

Portal Pro
February 16, 2006
Missouri
Home Country
I did php a while back and i also started reading some c++ (cant really do anything in c++), i also know some VB (about 2 years ago).

Thanks for the video link

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    O'Reily - Programming C#
    Also, get a book on the whole theory of OO programming.

Most of all - practice. If there are examples in the book, type them out, compile them etc.
    Also, dont go jumping into the whole GUI programming, most books stick to text/console based apps - and even though this is boring, its is the important part. I spend 99% of my time writing code with no GUI at work.

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    The best thing to do (especially if you are a hobbiest) is to pick a project, either small or large, that you are interested in and attack it. Look up things you don't understand in your book or the internet. The key here is interest. If you're in school, you're forced to learn these things. If you are learning on your own, this will quickly get boring.

SMa

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2007
    Helsinki - Finland
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    The best thing to do (especially if you are a hobbiest) is to pick a project, either small or large, that you are interested in and attack it. Look up things you don't understand in your book or the internet. The key here is interest. If you're in school, you're forced to learn these things. If you are learning on your own, this will quickly get boring.
    Then he would need to find a project that's not too advanced, no threading, no delegates, no ...
    And that's probably hard to find.

I'd say a good way to learn a programming language is to start with some basic hello-world code, then advance to some small applications like an advanced calculator (with matrices, functions, graphs, ...) to practice loops and such.
    After that you could pick a project to workk on.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'd say a good way to learn a programming language is to start with some basic hello-world code(...)

HA! I did that one!

(And that is all I ever done :))

Users who are viewing this thread