Can MP turn on and turn off my pc (1 Viewer)

datfreak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2006
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but can MP turn on my pc to record a tv show and then shut down after?
    Like how pci tv cards can with there own software.
    (videomate)

thanks

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use the build in power sheduler plugin to do that. I enabled Hibernation in Windows XP for that. Have a look at the energy settings in the display control panel. Then you start mp configuration program and go to the plugins section. Enable Power Scheduler and change the settings. Set the shutdown mode to Hibernate.

Here's the link to the wiki: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/MediaPortal_Setup_Plugins_PowerScheduler

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    tklon said:
    I use the build in power sheduler plugin to do that. I enabled Hibernation in Windows XP for that. Have a look at the energy settings in the display control panel. Then you start mp configuration program and go to the plugins section. Enable Power Scheduler and change the settings. Set the shutdown mode to Hibernate.

Here's the link to the wiki: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/MediaPortal_Setup_Plugins_PowerScheduler

I think datfreak has talked about if the MP hibernate the PC after a scheduled recording finished. (and wake up before record of course)

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    regeszter said:
    I think datfreak has talked about if the MP hibernate the PC after a scheduled recording finished. (and wake up before record of course)
    That's what the power scheduler plugin and also the pvr scheduler do.

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    which version do you have ? Normaly it's installed by default and you can enable and configure it in MP Configuration under Plugins.

harlequin

Portal Member
    July 18, 2006
    Hi, thanks for the quick reply, the version is...

Version 0.2.0.0 RC3

UPDATE:

I've managed to solve it. Just downloaded the latest version. Cheers anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread