Canadian Experience (3 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Canuck - can you please try login to the mp wiki page using your MP Forum login+password

Last edited:

Canuck

Portal Member
    March 6, 2013
    Richmond Hill, Ontario
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sounds great!
    I'm really excited to setup my MP server/client this weekend! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1362757313][/DOUBLEPOST]I did log out and back in without any problems.

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @Canuck - can you please try login to the mp wiki page using your MP Forum login+password
    @kiwijunglist: I am assuming you meant me here. I tried logging in to the wiki and got this:
    MwecFKa.png

Forgot password gives this:
    CCyN9RV.png

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ^ @Dadeo - Isn't MP forum login supposed to work for wiki?[DOUBLEPOST=1362762654][/DOUBLEPOST]
    @kiwijunglist: I am assuming you meant me here. I tried logging in to the wiki and got this:

Nope was meaning @Canuck , just in case you were getting your PW wrong, however that doesn't seem to be the case,because forget password is not working for you either.

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes it should work, although 'forgot password' only works once you have 'registered' for Wiki - i.e. logged in once, which corporate_gadfly has not managed to do successfully yet :(

@corporate_gadfly - did you try the instructions on the main Wiki page under 'Can't login to wiki" yet? i.e. logout on homepage, then back in - that should sync your username/pw to wiki - everything syncs to HP e.g. here:
    Capture.JPG

@Canuck you can't edit wiki yet - you have to be a 'user' for at least 10 days with minimum 5 forum posts (which you have) Once your forum status changes from 'New User' to 'Portal member' you can edit wiki :D

Now about EPG for Canada - you might want to check out the new Setup Guides we just added to the wiki ;) especially the TV Guide (EPG) Setup guides which cover using either XMLTV GUI or mc2xml . They are 'new' guides, so any improvements, especially for North American users, would be REALLY appreciated! We don't have a guide for Schedules Direct or WebGrab+Plus yet. We wanted to add them, but couldn't find anyone in Docs Group who knows them well enough/uses them, to write the guides! The goal is to offer new users all the options so they can select the best method of getting EPG data for their TV Guide in MP.

So if anyone is interested to help - you can even send us a text document we can format for wiki - or write it on your Wiki User page (MyPage from wiki menu) and we can integrate it. Ofc if you have any questions just start a conversation with me!

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes it should work, although 'forgot password' only works once you have 'registered' for Wiki - i.e. logged in once, which corporate_gadfly has not managed to do successfully yet :(

@corporate_gadfly - did you try the instructions on the main Wiki page under 'Can't login to wiki" yet? i.e. logout on homepage, then back in - that should sync your username/pw to wiki - everything syncs to HP e.g. here:
    That did it. Logged out of the homepage. Logged back in again. Went to the wiki and logged in again and it worked. Thx.

Re: WebGrab+Plus, I have a fully functional setup for OTA. However, I don't have the screen captures to document all the involved steps. Will need to find some spare time to gather those.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Both offers gratefully accepted :p

@RonD - since you are already familiar with the wiki after writing the basis of the other Setup guides, maybe you can start one on your Wiki User page like you did the others and post the link for @corporate_gadfly to contribute to it? Once ready, we can convert it to the User Guide format and move it to the Setup guides like we did with your other guides? Or you could copy one of the current Setup Guides (to get the structure) and edit it?

TIP: for Windows screen captures I often find the Windows Snipping tool works great - we try to use screen captures of just the relevant parts of the screen (even if we have to separate parts of the screen) rather than a screenshot of the whole screen because it ends up too small to see nicely in wiki. ;)

Last edited:

Canuck

Portal Member
    March 6, 2013
    Richmond Hill, Ontario
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi, anybody from Canada/Ontario/GTA here who has used MP and has a tip or two how to set up MP or what to do to avoid problems.
    I'm specially concerned about the EPG setup. Which module/plugin works best for Canada?

Thanks in advance!
    I live in Toronto and use WebGrab+Plus for EPG grabbing for OTA channels (antenna). There was a little bit of setup involved, but once setup it has been pain free. I'm not sure there is a whole lot Canadian-only to configure, with the exception of the weather related info.

Hi again @corporate_gadfly,

I tried a lot, but couldn't make WebGrab+ working :-( I had problem composing the <channel> lines, because I didn't know what channel_ids should be used. I got that single server_id following the method you described, but not this one. I took the trial for Schedules Direct and it worked after I restarted the computer. I rather use WG+, because even $25 is too expensive for me considering my financials.
    Any ideas highly appreciated.

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi again @corporate_gadfly,

I tried a lot, but couldn't make WebGrab+ working :-( I had problem composing the <channel> lines, because I didn't know what channel_ids should be used. I got that single server_id following the method you described, but not this one. I took the trial for Schedules Direct and it worked after I restarted the computer. I rather use WG+, because even $25 is too expensive for me considering my financials.
    Any ideas highly appreciated.
    When I get home, I will attach the files needed for GTA. (I think CTV2 is missing. I don't get CTV2 from my antenna any way).

Users who are viewing this thread