Canadian Experience (1 Viewer)

Canuck

Portal Member
March 6, 2013
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi, anybody from Canada/Ontario/GTA here who has used MP and has a tip or two how to set up MP or what to do to avoid problems.
I'm specially concerned about the EPG setup. Which module/plugin works best for Canada?

Thanks in advance!

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
June 18, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hey,
I live in NS and have it working very well. Originally I just had basic cable through Eastlink, this meant a clear-qam setup. In order to get EPG I used MC2XML plugin, it takes a little setting up but it works very well. If, however, you are looking to setup a Digital STB you need a subscription to Schedules Direct and then use the Schedules Direct MP plugin. Both options work very well.

Rob

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
May 17, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi, anybody from Canada/Ontario/GTA here who has used MP and has a tip or two how to set up MP or what to do to avoid problems.
I'm specially concerned about the EPG setup. Which module/plugin works best for Canada?

Thanks in advance!
I live in Toronto and use WebGrab+Plus for EPG grabbing for OTA channels (antenna). There was a little bit of setup involved, but once setup it has been pain free. I'm not sure there is a whole lot Canadian-only to configure, with the exception of the weather related info.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    All that is needed is that you write 2-3 paragraphs recommending this plugin for Canadian MP users, stating what channels/networks/providors it covers, with a link to the forum thread / where to download / what needs adjusting to use for canada/how to do it, etc...

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Nice, i'm sure the other Canadian users will appreciate it.

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @kiwijunglist: Sure. I'm gonna do all of that this weekend! :)
    @corporate_gadfly: Sounds great! Do you need to pay a subscription fee for that. I heard that one of the EPG services is asking for $25/yr or something like that.
    The $25/year subscription is for SchedulesDirect (only used it for one year as a paid option). From then onwards, I used WebGrab+Plus with tvguide.com (for free).[DOUBLEPOST=1362756362][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You can login using your mp forum login credentials.
    My forum login does not seem to work with the wiki. Known problem??

Users who are viewing this thread