[solved] Cannot get FH Holiday to work (1 Viewer)

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MP 1.32 x86
    FH 4.0.3.338
    Holidays 1.0.0.17

I added a birthday and changed the FanartHandler.xml to HolidayShowAllDay yes so I can make sure it works.
    Am I missing a setting?

Edit: Added logs. Let me know what else you need.

Attachments

• FanartHandler.log
      7.2 KB
    • MediaPortal-Error.log
      4.5 KB
    • fontEngine.log
      231 KB
    • MediaPortal.log
      84.8 KB
    • LatestMediaHandler.log
      3.9 KB
    • LatestMediaHandler_config.log
      2.1 KB
    • FanartHandler_config.log
      33.6 KB
    • FanartHandler.Holidays.Custom.xml
      278 bytes
    Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    HolidayShowAllDay yes
    If today is a holiday, then his Fanart will be shown all day, not for a certain period and then stop. In my opinion this is how it works. The display of the holiday depends on the Skin.

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If today is a holiday, then his Fanart will be shown all day, not for a certain period and then stop. In my opinion this is how it works. The display of the holiday depends on the Skin.
    I added todays date as a birthday and see no background of icon.
    Using Titan skin and trying both default and with MEPO theme.

Nothing works. In fact with MEPO theme, I see no images for at all besides the default background.
    mepo.png

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Added logs. Let me know what else you need.
    You need to enable the log mode - Debugging, there is little information in these logs, and there is not a single error. Everything is working as normal.
    I added todays date as a birthday and see no background of icon.
    Was the file edited while the Media Portal was not running? Changes are not picked up on the fly.
    Nothing works. In fact with MEPO theme, I see no images for at all besides the default background.
    It seems to me that in the Skin settings in the Media Portal you need to select FanartHandler.

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You need to enable the log mode - Debugging, there is little information in these logs, and there is not a single error. Everything is working as normal.
    Debug enabled and new logs attached.
    Was the file edited while the Media Portal was not running? Changes are not picked up on the fly.

Yes, Media Portal was not running. I cannot find the setting in the GUI so I manually edited FanartHandler.xml for HolidayShow, HolidayShowAllDay and HolidayEaster. Also, FanartHandler.Holidays.Custom.xml.

I have now tried editing those two files with fanart handler open and then with Media Portal open but it still does not work.

FH Settings.png

It seems to me that in the Skin settings in the Media Portal you need to select FanartHandler.
    Already had FanartHandler as the selected Background in skin settings.

Skin settings.png

Attachments

• MediaPortal.log
      670.3 KB
    • LatestMediaHandler.log
      6.5 KB
    • Configuration.log
      48.2 KB
    • FanartHandler.log
      34.7 KB
    • MediaPortal-Error.log
      798 bytes

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Maybe I am missing a required plugin?
    Not running anything like MePoTools.
    Testing with Titan skin with default as well as ajs.MePo.Theme.for.Titan.mpe1

plugins.png

plugins-config.png

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Debug enabled and new logs attached.
    In log i see:
    Code:
    Fanart Handler Holidays folder: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\Holidays\
    Fanart Handler Holidays (Icon) folder: Theme|Skin|Thumb: \Media\Logos\Holidays\
    Holiday: [x][x] Fanart, [x] All Day, Show: 0min Country: EN Language: EN Easter: Pesach
    Active Window: 35 Refresh: [x] -> Window: [x] Overlay: [ ] Allow: [x]
     --- [x] [x] Play, [ ] Player, [ ] [ ] Selected, [x] Random, [x] Random Latests, [x] Weather, [x] Holiday
    RefreshHolidayProperties: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime.
    Parameter name: value
    Here's the problem: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime.
    The DateTime Structure has a Minimum value of 1/1/0001 and a maximum value of 12/31/9999
    The code in your loop is attempting to add a number of days that is making today go outside of this range.
    I don't think it's a bug in the source code (but I don't rule it out), more like the quality of the source data, you can send me your files:
    FanartHandler.Holidays.xml
    FanartHandler.Holidays.Custom.xml

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Here's the problem: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime.
    I did see that and had found an issue with the day and month in my Holidays.Custom, but fix it a couple of days ago (I think).
    I don't think it's a bug in the source code (but I don't rule it out), more like the quality of the source data, you can send me your files:
    FanartHandler.Holidays.xml
    FanartHandler.Holidays.Custom.xml
    Attached. Thanks!

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Gotcha! There is an error in the FanartHandler.Holidays.Custom.xml file!
    Code:
    This file contains the following errors:
    error on line 18 at column 12: Opening and ending tag mismatch: Month line 16 and Holiday
    Missing < in <Month>9/Month> :)
    Try this ... :):coffee::whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread