Can't enter Mediaportal TV Server Configuration after adding Slave Server (1 Viewer)

ncrukrepairs

Portal Member
October 10, 2006
u have just tried a multi seat server config and after getting past the setup tv problems, after setting up two servers click on any channel freezez media portal. Any fixes, its quiet annoying

syrak

May 17, 2007
stenstorp
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Ive got the original problem of this thread with the latest svn. Anyone else got it again?

Configuration Interface looks as the first posted image.

Im trying to run one slave server.

ncrukrepairs

Portal Member
October 10, 2006
I still have this problem, i cannot successfully use a slave and a master server together, it fucks up media portal royaly.

REgards
Alex

IcePickrg

Portal Member
March 12, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've tried every config posted here, and nothing has worked for me. Master/Slave config and operations has been messed up for a very long time, and I don't see any resources being applied to it. Wonder if MP will keep it around?

syrak

May 17, 2007
stenstorp
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
And i thought this was a selling feature... It was/is, for me anyway.

My mediacenter PC's always seems to run out of

a. diskspace
b. pci slots
c. usb2 performance
d. uptime

Something i could solve with this feature. Well I for one hope that the developers will
invest some time on this issue now that TV servers seems to be coming along nicely in single and multiseat enviroments.

simon2

October 3, 2005
Ive got the original problem of this thread with the latest svn. Anyone else got it again?

Configuration Interface looks as the first posted image.

Im trying to run one slave server.

Same problem here, I had a quick look at the code and it seems to have changed significantly (except if I was looking in the wrong place) since the original bug & fix.

If we want to get this fixed, somebody is going to have to submit a bug report.

Simon

StaticMan

Portal Pro
May 14, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have the same problem. I've triend dozens of SVN versions with no success. Makes no difference if I use MSSQL or MySQL.
I wish they'd put an option in the Client to easily switch between separate servers, then I would have to worry about trying to get this working (And testing every SVN that comes out).

Anyone submit the bug report yet?

IcePickrg

Portal Member
March 12, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Wow - what a fantastic idea! I don't think this would be hard to put in the code, and would be an eyesore enough to get some attention!

With QAM fixed for 1600 today, I could have 5 diffrent tuners in 2 diffrent boxes. Hope this idea gets the attention it deserves!

tomeliten4

Portal Member
September 29, 2006
Seljord
Home Country
Norway Norway
Located the bug. It is in the tvservice init, seems you cannot set an object to null if the object has never been instantiated (which causes and exception). The problem only occurs when a slave server has been added and actually keeps the master server from initializing and therefore will not respond to the configuration dialog. For those industrious, remark out the following code in the TVservice\TvController.cs:

line 388: // tvcard.Card = null;

I am trying to find out how to get this update to the trunk for the nightly builds. Never worked on this project before so not sure how they handle patches, just had the same problem figured I would look into it.

Cant find the file where this code is?

P-Ray

Portal Member
May 14, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
looking for it too, but can`t find it .

anyone that has an idea?

wbr

P-Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom