Configuration for Moving Pictures keeps crashing (1 Viewer)

nokmond

Portal Pro
January 25, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
^^^^^ Thats what happens with mine and I too have a file server.

Nokmond I dont know about you but I have tried the standard skin & Streamed MP so far but both have the same effect.

Yeh same mate. Just trying older version of Mediaportal to see if thats ok.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Okay, can you try deleting your database and restarting the config. Once you start, before you add any import paths click the gear toolbar button in the importer and uncheck "Automatically Retrieve Mediainfo". Then add your import paths and let Moving Pictures do its thing. If everything works correctly then 1) we have a temporary work around for you and 2) we know the issue is with the MediaInfo logic.

nokmond

Portal Pro
January 25, 2009
Home Country
Okay, can you try deleting your database and restarting the config. Once you start, before you add any import paths click the gear toolbar button in the importer and uncheck "Automatically Retrieve Mediainfo". Then add your import paths and let Moving Pictures do its thing. If everything works correctly then 1) we have a temporary work around for you and 2) we know the issue is with the MediaInfo logic.

Yeh sure, report back soon. Thanks for taking the time to help.

sl0

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    erhh dunno if it helps - but i have had some issues with a huge thumbs library crashing moving pictures during launch, i solved it by adding the pix in smaller portions......

_sl0

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    erhh dunno if it helps - but i have had some issues with a huge thumbs library crashing moving pictures during launch, i solved it by adding the pix in smaller portions......

_sl0

This is a known issue. There is a work around here and it will be resolved with the next release.

nokmond

Portal Pro
    January 25, 2009
    Home Country

Done this mate and everything works perfectly! Only downside being no media info obviously! Any idea what might be causing it or is there a way of getting the media info another way?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Glad we have a work around. I have family stuff the rest of the day but I will work on a real fix tomorrow morning. At least we have the issue narrowed down to a mediainfo problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom