Configuring MCE Remote HELP (1 Viewer)

ShadowB123

Portal Member
December 14, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Has anyone figured out how to configure MCE VRC-1100 remote with MediaPortal 1.12.0 within Windows 10?

I cannot get all of the buttons to work

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Has anyone figured out how to configure MCE VRC-1100 remote with MediaPortal 1.12.0
    Download the attached remote-control config file, and see if the remote works better. Unzip the file and place it in the following folder (or the one with "...(x86)..." in the name if your OS is 64-bit):

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\

In the "Remotes" section of "MP Config" you will need to:

(1) Disable General HID.
    (2) Disable Microsoft MCE (if present)
    (3) Enable "Centarea HID" on the "Sceneo" tab.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Attachments

• Centarea HID.zip
      1.3 KB

ShadowB123

Portal Member
    December 14, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Cybersimian,

Thank you for the fast response.

The file you provided is nearly perfect.

The only issue that I can see is when I press the fast forward or the rewind button, I cannot just press the ok/play button to immediately stop the action and play the video at that point.

The only resolution to this problem that I have found is for every press of the fast forward button, I must press rewind an equal number of times so that the video will start to play.

If there is not a solution to this issue, does an out of the box remote exist that requires no additional programming with MediaPortal?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When I press the fast forward or the rewind button, I cannot just press the ok/play button to immediately stop the action and play the video at that point.
    This is a characteristic of the Ortek VRC-1100 (which is the remote control that you have). Weirdly, the PLAY button transmits precisely the same signal as the PAUSE button, so the receiving software cannot distinguish one from the other. The same is also true for other buttons: ENTER transmits the same signal as OK, and RIGHT_MOUSE transmits the same signal as INFO (the "I" button).

For the situation you describe, you can stop fast forward or fast rewind by pressing the PLAY button or the PAUSE button. That pauses the video, and then you can press PLAY or PAUSE a second time in order to start playback at normal speed.

Does an out of the box remote exist that requires no additional programming with MediaPortal?
    A WMC-compatible remote control that uses the RC6 signalling protocol will behave in the way that you were expecting: pressing PLAY whilst fast-forwarding/rewinding will start playback immediately. So look for a remote that claims "WMC-compatibility" and which has "RC6" on the remote or on the packaging. Note: you need to buy one that is sold with its own IR receiver, as the Ortek IR receiver will not work with an RC6 remote.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread