CybrDisplay External Status Plugin (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoopy08

Portal Pro
January 30, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
You have this error in your MP log:

2008-05-07 09:33:20.949304 [Info.][VFD_EQ_Update]: iMONLCDg.VFD_EQ_Update(): CAUGHT EXCEPTION - EXITING! - System.InvalidOperationException: Mixer.GetControl.1
at MediaPortal.Mixer.Mixer.GetControl(MixerComponentType componentType, MixerControlType controlType)
at MediaPortal.Mixer.Mixer.Open(Int32 mixerIndex, Boolean isDigital)
at MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandler..ctor(Int32[] volumeTable)
at MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandlerCustom..ctor()
at MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandler.CreateInstance()
at MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandler.get_Instance()
at CybrDisplayPlugin.CybrDisplay.GetSystemStatus(SystemStatus& CurrentStatus)
at CybrDisplayPlugin.Drivers.iMONLCDg.VFD_EQ_Update()

Try disabling the EQ display in the advanced settings. Not a fix, but could be a workaround.

Hi Globaldonkey

Thank you for your reply.

I did turn of the EQ but no effect and i have tried what Cybrmage suggested but still no display change from HOME.

jolcese

Portal Member
December 20, 2007
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
I used to suggest using the latest release of v6 that was distributed by the manufacturer of your case... (because, with the v7 your remote will not work properly with FrontView turned off)... but, I now recommand that you do not use the iMon Manager at all...

I recommend that you use the IR Server Suite by and-81. It now has support for the iMon remotes, and co-exists with the display driver without any issues.
(You still need to have a version of iMon Manager installed... any version... the sg_vfd.dll is still neede to communicate with the display!, so DO NOT uninstall iMon Manager... just configure your system so that it does not run on startup, and disable the iMon Manager options in the display driver)

Ok, great. I'll try to use the IR Server Suite. One more question, when I select the "Use V3 sg_vfd.dll" option (which I understand I should use) where's that DLL located? And if I don't select that, which DLL is being used?

Ok, but even selecting restart the iMon Manager on exit does not work.

I'll need the mediaportal log to diagnose this...

Log attached.

After running MediaPortal, the display sometimes shows weird characters (^$@#&) but the remote does not work...

But... what happens when MediaPortal is running??? Does the display work? does it display information??? The weird characters are usually associated with the EQ display... If you don't limit the EQ display update rate it can cause the device to malfunction.

Please post your mediaportal.log

MediaPortal shows the (almost) correct messages in the VFD but the remote stops working. I see now that the remote with V7 imon is a pain so I'll go back to either v6 or IR Server Suite.
When I say (almost) is because for instance the Media Portal legend has a filled rectangle near by and some other legends (e.g. MyMusic display a "/" character near by)

One more time, thanks a lot!
Jose

drtato

Portal Member
April 23, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
Ho i can use xpl?

Hello cybrmage,

i have a thermaltake htpc case dh102 with touchscreen display.

Once installed xphal and configured plugin, how i can show the message status send by your plugin to xplhal, on my touchscreen monitor seems to vfd and control the media? It's possible? I don't like the touchscreen plugin...

Sorry for my english!!

ChrisOfCatford

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    London UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have an HD44780 compatible on a parallel cable.

The plugin works fine apart from after hibernation, when it then doesn't.

If I set MP to restart after standby, the display re-initialises, but that is a long time to wait for my telly!

I noticed others had the same problem before but didn't see a resolution.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Same on both this and Joe Dalton plugin.

Thanks,
    Chris

pildo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2004
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello cybrmage,

i have a thermaltake htpc case dh102 with touchscreen display.

Once installed xphal and configured plugin, how i can show the message status send by your plugin to xplhal, on my touchscreen monitor seems to vfd and control the media? It's possible? I don't like the touchscreen plugin...

Sorry for my english!!

here is another one with DH-102...

:)

Mercbac

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    CybrMage

After your excellent support earlier on in this long thread I just discovered something in the version from May 8th, which I recently started using. When the PC goes into S3 and wakes itself up for a recording, the display remains on the ugly clock instead of the plugin taking over. However, if I wake the PC with the power button (or even with the remote), the plugin takes over the display again and everything works smooth as ever.

Is this enough info for you that you would know where to look in the code, or would you like me to collect extensive debugging logs for both scenarios? (my system spec is expandable on the left)

Many thanks in advance!

daneel_

November 24, 2007
    Hi all.

First thanks for this great plugin.

I'm using it with my DH101 LCD and seems to work pretty good. I have been searching but i haven't found how can I show the elapsed/remaining time while playing a video, or DVD or music.

When I play a video all I have is the file name and, if a setup the progress bar downside the file name.

Could anyone please help me displaying elapsed/remaining time please?

Thanks a lot.

lulsam

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi CybrMage,

currently using Grandia GD01 (imon 6.20 software installed but not running). The Cybrdisplay version tested till now are 3-30-2008 and 4-24-2008 basically with the same results: functionality fine, everything seems to work out pretty nice, but from time to time MP crashes. This usually happens while navigating within the MP menus, not while playing music or watching tv, or using any specific MP functionality.

Looking at the logs, the plugin is always involved in some kind of exception, (mp.log and exception.log). Seems to be that is not able to read some PM property and crashes (just a guess). Attached are the two relevant logs and the xml plugin configuration files. Would you please take a look?

By the way, I'm not using the imon remote (but the MCE one, and supported by the IR Server package sithout any problem). If you need any further details, just ask for them.

Thanks in advance

friedrej

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2008
    Erlangen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    4 weeks of frustration

Hi,

I using Soundgraphs IMON VFD Display with SW Version 7.20.05.02 and the Firmware Version 0x3801.
    In the meantime I'm trying since 4 weeks to link Mediaportal RC1 with this display. Each hint in this forum didn't really help. Also the Soundgraph hotline has only frustrating answers like "plugin mode is not supported since fir:eek: :confused: mware version xyz..."

Does anyone have Medaportal running with this display and this firmware version? Does Cyberdisplay plugin also work without setting the pluginmode of the imon display? Any additional hint would be appreciated!

Regards,
    Johannes

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom