Default refresh rate not applied when switching directly to different media? (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey, I've suddenly started getting some black screens when I start playback of stuff in tvseries (havent checked other media) that last for like 10 seconds, but audio plays ok. Wondering if this is something to do with the new DRR bin? Have you noticed anything odd? Haven't touched anything since messing the other day. Can't get logs right now but will gather some up and try the original core.dll also. Just thought I would ask the question.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey, I've suddenly started getting some black screens when I start playback of stuff in tvseries (havent checked other media) that last for like 10 seconds, but audio plays ok. Wondering if this is something to do with the new DRR bin? Have you noticed anything odd? Haven't touched anything since messing the other day. Can't get logs right now but will gather some up and try the original core.dll also. Just thought I would ask the question.

I just watch some series and didn't notice it, on what core did you test it (v3) ?
    Btw except blank screen, all is working like it should ?
    I have fixed in local with movpic : Intro + BD, before after the context menu to select title / menu etc. mp can lead to crash or nothing play.
    :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi. Today I have restarted the machine and can't reproduce :/ maybe it is unrelated. I have logs taken this morning that had last nights problems. I think it happened a few times, certainly around 9pm if its possible to dig anything out of these? But yes, I select the media to playback with my remote, screens goes black, audio starts, 10 seconds later the video appears (everything is in sync). Starting and stopping playback this occurred everytime. But now this morning its no longer repeatable which is typical!

I'm sorry I don't understand, what have you fixed? Whats BD? Bluray?

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok i will ok the log :)

You know in movpic :
    Intro is played then the movie (here we have an issue about DRR that should be fixed)
    If we do the same for a Bluray, intro + bluray, it doesn't work (fixed locally)

So except Bluray with intro and screens goes black, with v3 dll all is working ?

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    One other scenario I have just discovered for ending up with the incorrect frame rate for TV is simply starting MePo and starting to watch TV. It would appear my computers default desktop rate is 60hz (I don't remember setting it so maybe its a default) and the default refresh rate is only applied it would seem at the end of media playback. I guess it needs to set the default when MePo starts also?

Tried starting TV then stopping the stream to trigger a refresh change but it doesn't seem to fire. I have to play something in tvseries or movingpics and then stop that for the default 50hz to be applied, then go back to watch TV.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    my computers desktop refresh rate is set to 50Hz to bypass that issue (but it's dedicated HTPC)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I think we need to create a mantis + branch with the current fix :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom