Direct3D could not be created after resume (2 Viewers)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    For me MP start as Shell (more fast than run key and no dekstop before MP start ) ! no Run key are used and for start external software i use "logon script" with an .bat with all i need, or taskscheduler

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I can also confirm that the task schedular delay worked for me. Its a bit of a bitch though. As I have never had this issue from MP 1.2 or 1.3 and its varients. Only with 1.4. Which as far as I could tell was to fix things I had never had issues with myself. in all honesty, I only updated to 1.4 as it was supposed to improve MP load times. If anything, for my system its gotten a fair bit slower. And that was before I was forced to add a 30 second delay before it even starts to load MP. (windows 7 seems to force 30 seconds as the lowest delay when creating a schedual task).
    For now it will have to do. But I am contemplating going back to 1.3. Or trying the 1.5 pre-release.
    Another oddity I have had with 1.4. it detects my TV as 1280 x 720. Its actually 1920 x 1080. So there is something else going on there too..

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I thought I finally have a fully working and stable MediaPortal, but no:( I got rid of the annoying Win7/halfscreen bug, got rid of the awful iMon remote and replaced with MCE IR receiver, Harmony and IRSS, everything working perfectly, and now I got hit with this DirectX startup bug. Why there must be always something, only a little thing, that makes the overall feel of MePo ruined.... Don't get me wrong, I do not blame anybody for this, and wish to thank all you guys for the great software and work you are doing here!

Strange is, however, that I'm using 1.4.0 since the release, and I never had this bug. It started yesterday for the first time, and it doesn't happen always. Sometimes I make restart and everything is fine. On other occasions it hangs with this error message in startup. Strange is, that only thing I have modified on the system is, that I have added an IR MCE USB receiver and configured IRSS to use MCE remote. When I get the directx error, I use mouse to click ok, but if I restart MP by clicking the icon, the remote is not responding, I need to restart IRSS too.
    I do not have logs at the moment, but if you need some, I will post them.

Will the fix for this be included into 1.5 final release?

Many thanks!

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    WHy do you need to use IRSS, MP works directly with MCE remote without any 3rd party plugins.

IRSS is such a powerful software, I like very much the support for macros and excellent customization. I might take a look at the inbuilt MCE remote mapping of MP, and if I can adjust it to my needs, then I will drop IRSS.

Regarding the bug, is it possible that it will be fixed in MP 1.5 final coming out soon?
    What could have happened that I got this error for the first time yesterday, using MP on daily basis for years now?

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I just can't find any information that says that this very annoying bug will be fixed in the final version of MP 1.5. Will it be?
    I have this problem only when I'm using my SSD, I guess it boots up too quickly. If I use my 1.4.0 install on a regular HDD, then this error never appears. I guess there windows has more time to load and initialize directx before MP starts, while SSD is fast enough to load MP right after win starts. I'm so near to have a system that behaves like a set top box, in speed and use, with all the advantages of using MP compared to Enigma2 or Spark.
    I hope this will be fixed in v 1.5.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you can confirm that there is no problem when MediaPortal is set to not load on Windows startup then you will have to tweak the Configuration->General->Startup/Resume Settings by setting the 'Delay startup for x seconds'.

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    If you can confirm that there is no problem when MediaPortal is set to not load on Windows startup then you will have to tweak the Configuration->General->Startup/Resume Settings by setting the 'Delay startup for x seconds'.

Sorry, I do not understand this now. If I check autostart MP with windows then 4 times out of 5 I get the D3d error. It doesn't help if I set delay in startup/resume settings, as already discussed.
    If I start MP manually, after windows loads and then I start MP, everything is fine, no delay is needed.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    There is a thread somewhere to set mp to start with scheduler task and it solve this issue :) (so do not use this options because it didn't work 100%)

Last edited:

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    There is a htread somewhere to set mp to start with scheduler task and it solve this issue :) (so do not use this options because it didn't work 100%)
    I tried that, but had just few minutes to test. I created a task in task scheduler, but after a restart, for some reason MP did not start, Windows booted fine into desktop and that was it.
    I hope using task scheduler will not delay the boot time of MP, it will start as fast as it should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom