Disable GUI update notification (1 Viewer)

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Is it possible to auto update without the GUI notification? - was watching a film and then got interrupted by the 3.3.4 update message.

I want auto update, I just want it to be done silently

Thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.4

Is it possible to auto update without the GUI notification? - was watching a film and then got interrupted by the 3.3.4 update message.

I want auto update, I just want it to be done silently

Thanks

:sorry: about that.

It will be configurable via the plugin, as well as ability to configure when the update check repeats. Just did not get around to all of that yet, adding in the actual functionality came first.

It only happens for the few people who keep their system running 24/7, as every 24 hours after the initial init check the plugin checks for updates and installs them when they are available.

Working hard to get the new package out, but want to add in as much new stuff as possible. To mitigate it from happening again, start MediaPortal up at a time you will most likely not watch movies.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.4

Next release there will be a new side menu entry to change plugin settings (as opposed to scraper settings which are in main window).

In the gui plugin settings section you will be able to disable notifications.

Note: The plugin settings will use the Extensions plugin. So you must have Extensions installed to see that button in side menu.

Attachments

• SideMenu.jpg
      SideMenu.jpg
      105.2 KB
    • settings.jpg
      settings.jpg
      107.5 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.6

Small update to StreamedMP skin which adds the 'Settings' button to side menu.

Note: as mentioned in release notes for this to function you need to have the Extensions plugin installed.

Attachments

• IMDb+.xml
      12.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread