MP2 - V2.4.1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here you may post general feedbacks and discuss about the skin

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Haven't been here for while. It's really great to see the next generation skin being almost ready. It looks absolutely great!!! (y):love:
    So far I was really happy with WMC skin, but this skin will make me directly change over. And compared to the overloaded and ugly MP1 skins it's really a huge step :)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ugly MP1 skins
    Ah, easy. That's always a matter of personal taste ;)

It's really great to see the next generation skin being almost ready.
    It will be officially rolled out with the next MP2 release, unless @ge2301 publishes a separate package. However, the skin also needs some MP2 code extensions to be fully functional so it may be a while until you'll see it in the wildplace.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    It will be included in the installer and is also planned as default skin instead of BlueVision.
    Of course BlueVision will also remain in the installer. The skin is already fully working, just a few things need to be fixed, hopefully completely until release.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Hi there. Just wondering if this new skin will have the UK BBFC logos for age/certification ratings? eg: PG, 12A etc.

I guess you mean those:
    BBFC - Ratings Wiki Guide - IGN But there are reworked new ones.
    I found transparent high resolution images of them and will implement them.

Do you have nfo files of the movies, so you can tell me how the ratings are called there?
    Example:
    XML:
        <mpaa>DE_FSK12</mpaa>
    Edit: I already found the mapping routine of MP2 here. Images are already commited to MP2.

hf.jpg

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I guess you mean those:
    BBFC - Ratings Wiki Guide - IGN But there are reworked new ones.
    I found transparent high resolution images of them and will implement them.

Do you have nfo files of the movies, so you can tell me how the ratings are called there?
    Example:
    XML:
        <mpaa>DE_FSK12</mpaa>
    Edit: I already found the mapping routine of MP2 here. Images are already commited to MP2.

View attachment 202736
    That's great. Good to know. Though if I'm being fussy, personally I think the "original" logos like it the IGN link look better than the "new" style.

in regards the NFOs I currently have, they are geared towards MP1 as I don't use MP2 yet. As I haven't really found it that appealing a switch yet. Though its getting closer and the addition of these logos is another step further along.

if it helps, in the NFOs it looks like :
    <certification>12A</certification>
    <mpaa>12A</mpaa>

of course, its no big issue to rewrite the NFOs when the time comes to support something else.. eg : <mpaa>BBFC_PG</mpaa>

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    That's great. Good to know. Though if I'm being fussy, personally I think the "original" logos like it the IGN link look better than the "new" style.
    It was not a matter of style. The logos I use are the official reworked ones. I'm always using the latest official logos.

if it helps, in the NFOs it looks like :
    <certification>12A</certification>
    <mpaa>12A</mpaa>
    of course, its no big issue to rewrite the NFOs when the time comes to support something else.. eg : <mpaa>BBFC_PG</mpaa>
    I linked in the edit of my last post the detection logic. There is no need to rename your nfo files.
    12A will be also detected as you see here.

Users who are viewing this thread