[DIY] Selfmade AmbiLight using LED Strings (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Homey, this is not good.
    look the number of led of lightning 303. many more than all hardware manufacturer.
    and without limit, except the number of led because depend on the board used.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    True, but those 10 leds give (according to the video with the TV NOT attached to the wall) a really nice glow.
    I've got a 50" directly on the wall with about 3/4 cm. space in between and i don't think it'll look good if the glow reaches much further then about 50-70 cm outside the TV. But have to admit that i haven't read that much yet ;)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    homey, i can help you to understand, if you want. the student learn of master :p

humm, interested ????? :whistle:
    Yes, i would definitely like to look into this. I love the effects and it seems a lot better for the eyes (i have a habbit of watching movies/series completely in the dark...) just need to find the time ;)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i work on new feature for ambilight ( only arduino or compatible board ). for use the light without PC ( but only on static color)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hey :)
    Yeah i did see lightpack. I actually was thinking of buying it, but then decided to build something myself.
    As @azzuro pointed out, these packs dont have many channels. In comparisson, my system uses 50 channels, which means i can display 50 different colors at all time. Lightpack however uses 10 channels (each 3 leds), meaning it can only display 10 different colors at the same time. And my system is even on the low end of led count. Many other systems use more than 100 channels, and get a very detailed picture because of that.

Also, ambilights that use the AtmoWin software, are supported by Mediaportal, which help reduce cpu stress alot, and makes it possible the watch stuff without any stutter probels.
    Furthermore, the forum user @angie05 maintains and continuesto develop AtmoWin (Mod) and the Atmolight plugin.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm convinced :) only need to figure out what's best for my situation.
    Will have a chat with azzuro.

J

joostzilla

PowerMarcel10 has moved the original thread (only the guide part) to the MP wiki.
    I agree with you that we should keep things clustered as much as possible. Its already so hard to find stuff on the forum. (no offense to anyone)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom