Does MP support MHEG? (1 Viewer)

dan_aka_jack

Portal Member
October 21, 2005
London, UK
Hi,

Does Media Portal support MHEG???

I couldn't find it on the features list but I've heard it said that MP does support MHEG.

If it doesn't currently support MHEG, will it do so in the future?

Thanks,
Jack
London, UK

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    For those of us that don't know. What is MHEG ? How about some web sites that explain this?

Mike Zemina

i.thompson

October 24, 2005
    MHEG is

MHEG is a Multimedia defination / presentation language.

ISO MHEG 5 has been adopted by DVB people.

More info can be found at dtg.co.uk or mheg.org

it is the future teletext standard

It is used by sky interactive (Prees the Red Button) and the BBC

I believe 4 multiples in the UK transmit MHEG data streams and am sure other countries in europe do as well.

I would like to see MHEG5 implemented as it will make this project standout a long way from the rest.

Hope this will help

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes it will however more information needs to be provided on the programming language etc.
    If someone has a great deal of experience with this and software programming knowledge around it then your help and support is appreciated.
    Unfortunately MHEG-5 is not adopted globally and therefore only benefits the minority of the WorldWide MediaPortal public.

DMAN

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Don't suppose any progress has been made by anyone to support MHEG-5?

It's being used here in New Zealand and would be great if MP could grab the EPG using MHEG-5?

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    There was a couple of users developing some MHEG code, but I can't remember how far that went.

I think part of the problem was the huge change needed to get it working inside MediaPortal in its current form.

We might see a comeback from this in MP2, you never know :)

Users who are viewing this thread