[TV] DVB-C not all Channels work (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteffelGreen

Portal Pro
March 29, 2009
Perheps the same problems, are the free air channels QAM64 and the encrypted QAM256 ?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: DVB-C not all Channels work

I think I fixed an issue with the internal detection of FTA channels (not the scan).

Can you please try the attached tvlibrary if it helps?

Please have a look at this post by me post in latest SVN forum, problem appeared after upgrade to SVN and rescanning of channels. Possibly related?

Hi

Since the install of the this SVN I experience a very strange problem with the TV-part of MP. I have DVB-C provided by ComHem (Sweden) and use the TerraTec H7 USB reciever.

My problem: If I enable my CAM non of the free to air channels are working (unable to start graph) but all of the encrypted ones work fine. If I disable the CAM in the TV-server configuration all the free to air programs work fine but of course none of the encoded ones

I can add that both scrambled and unscrambled programs work fine with the TerraTec software.

Attaching logs only from the TV-server (as I can reproduce the outcome with preview in TV-server not using the rest of MP). The working files are with CAM disabled and the non-working files are with CAM enabled.

Any ideas?

And:

Yes, I have ticked the box "free to air" in the channel configuration. I am not sure about the significans of the colour-marking when looking at the channel list but the FTA chanels have a green marking witch I think indicates FTA (the non-FTA channels are marked in red).

However, there might be something fishy going on here as they remain green (interpreted by me as FTA) even when i remove the FTA status of the channel (untick the box)?

Apologies that my system specs are not in place yet (will fix when i get home) but hera are the generated logs:

Froad

Portal Member
    January 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes! And Thank You!!

The new TVLibrary.dll did the trick and all channels are back! Strangely there was already a second TVLibrary.dll (TVLibrary.bak) in the folder - a leftover from the SVN-upgrade?
    Will this new TVlibrary be included in next SVN/RC1?

Regards
    Fredrik

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: DVB-C not all Channels work

Ok its not a Bug in the Beta.
    Its a bug in Alpha and Beta!

I tested it also on a new installed Win7 system and tested with clean uninstall.

I can only watch on my DVB-C all channels, if i use my old channellist from 1.0.x!

If i make a new channelsearch with alpha or beta, i got this error.
    On alpha i found not all channels, so i used my old list....on beta MP found all my channels, so i havent used my old channellist.

DVB-C Beta new channelsearch = only CV Digital 1 Provider works and HD on DVB-C and DVB-T
    DVB-C Beta with old Channellist = no probs!

used MySQL.

Hi,

I looked at your channels exports, took only a sample you told not to work: "Das Erste"

"exportbeta.xml":
    Code:
    - <channel Name="Das Erste" GrabEpg="False" IdChannel="180" IsRadio="False" IsTv="True" LastGrabTime="2000-1-1 0:0:0" SortOrder="106" TimesWatched="0" TotalTimeWatched="2000-1-1 0:0:0" VisibleInGuide="True" FreeToAir="True" DisplayName="Das Erste">
    - <mappings>
      <map IdCard="2" IdChannel="180" IdChannelMap="180" /> 
      </mappings>
    - <TuningDetails>
      <tune IdChannel="180" IdTuning="180" AudioPid="-1" Bandwidth="8" ChannelNumber="0" ChannelType="2" CountryId="31" Diseqc="0" FreeToAir="True" Frequency="410000" MajorChannel="-1" MinorChannel="-1" Modulation="11" Name="Das Erste" NetworkId="1" PcrPid="0" PmtPid="100" Polarisation="0" Provider="ARD" ServiceId="28106" SwitchingFrequency="0" Symbolrate="6900" TransportId="1101" TuningSource="0" VideoPid="-1" VideoSource="0" AudioSource="0" IsVCRSignal="False" SatIndex="-1" InnerFecRate="-1" Band="0" Pilot="-1" RollOff="-1" Url="" Bitrate="0" /> 
      </TuningDetails>
      </channel>

"export prealpha.xml":
    Code:
    - <channel Name="Das Erste" GrabEpg="True" IdChannel="387" IsRadio="False" IsTv="True" LastGrabTime="2009-7-18 20:29:52" SortOrder="7" TimesWatched="0" TotalTimeWatched="2000-1-1 0:0:0" VisibleInGuide="True" FreeToAir="True" DisplayName="Das Erste">
    - <mappings>
      <map IdCard="1" IdChannel="387" IdChannelMap="176" /> 
      <map IdCard="2" IdChannel="387" IdChannelMap="387" /> 
      </mappings>
    - <TuningDetails>
      <tune IdChannel="387" IdTuning="176" AudioPid="-1" Bandwidth="8" ChannelNumber="0" ChannelType="2" CountryId="31" Diseqc="0" FreeToAir="True" Frequency="410000" MajorChannel="-1" MinorChannel="-1" Modulation="3" Name="Das Erste" NetworkId="1" PcrPid="0" PmtPid="100" Polarisation="0" Provider="ARD" ServiceId="28106" SwitchingFrequency="0" Symbolrate="6900" TransportId="1101" TuningSource="0" VideoPid="-1" VideoSource="0" AudioSource="0" IsVCRSignal="False" SatIndex="-1" InnerFecRate="-1" Band="0" Pilot="-1" RollOff="-1" Url="" Bitrate="0" /> 
      <tune IdChannel="387" IdTuning="387" AudioPid="0" Bandwidth="8" ChannelNumber="10000" ChannelType="4" CountryId="31" Diseqc="0" FreeToAir="True" Frequency="754000" MajorChannel="-1" MinorChannel="-1" Modulation="0" Name="Das Erste" NetworkId="8468" PcrPid="0" PmtPid="752" Polarisation="0" Provider="BR" ServiceId="47" SwitchingFrequency="0" Symbolrate="0" TransportId="12546" TuningSource="0" VideoPid="0" VideoSource="0" AudioSource="0" IsVCRSignal="False" SatIndex="-1" InnerFecRate="-1" Band="0" Pilot="-1" RollOff="-1" Url="" Bitrate="0" /> 
      <tune IdChannel="387" IdTuning="400" AudioPid="0" Bandwidth="8" ChannelNumber="10000" ChannelType="4" CountryId="31" Diseqc="0" FreeToAir="True" Frequency="738000" MajorChannel="-1" MinorChannel="-1" Modulation="0" Name="Das Erste" NetworkId="8468" PcrPid="0" PmtPid="512" Polarisation="0" Provider="BR" ServiceId="32" SwitchingFrequency="0" Symbolrate="0" TransportId="12290" TuningSource="0" VideoPid="0" VideoSource="0" AudioSource="0" IsVCRSignal="False" SatIndex="-1" InnerFecRate="-1" Band="0" Pilot="-1" RollOff="-1" Url="" Bitrate="0" /> 
      </TuningDetails>
      </channel>

--> you can see, that in pre alpha there are at least 3 tuning details for 1 channel! (means=3 tuning chances)
    --> in the beta xml there is only 1 tuning detail (means=1 tuning chance)

comparing the equal frequencies, you can see the difference in modulation-type:
    Code:
      <tune IdChannel="180" IdTuning="180" AudioPid="-1" Bandwidth="8" ChannelNumber="0" ChannelType="2" CountryId="31" Diseqc="0" FreeToAir="True" Frequency="410000" MajorChannel="-1" MinorChannel="-1" [COLOR="Red"][B]Modulation="11"[/B][/COLOR] Name="Das Erste" NetworkId="1" PcrPid="0" PmtPid="100" Polarisation="0" Provider="ARD" ServiceId="28106" SwitchingFrequency="0" Symbolrate="6900" TransportId="1101" TuningSource="0" VideoPid="-1" VideoSource="0" AudioSource="0" IsVCRSignal="False" SatIndex="-1" InnerFecRate="-1" Band="0" Pilot="-1" RollOff="-1" Url="" Bitrate="0" /> 

<tune IdChannel="387" IdTuning="176" AudioPid="-1" Bandwidth="8" ChannelNumber="0" ChannelType="2" CountryId="31" Diseqc="0" FreeToAir="True" Frequency="410000" MajorChannel="-1" MinorChannel="-1" [B][COLOR="Red"]Modulation="3"[/COLOR][/B] Name="Das Erste" NetworkId="1" PcrPid="0" PmtPid="100" Polarisation="0" Provider="ARD" ServiceId="28106" SwitchingFrequency="0" Symbolrate="6900" TransportId="1101" TuningSource="0" VideoPid="-1" VideoSource="0" AudioSource="0" IsVCRSignal="False" SatIndex="-1" InnerFecRate="-1" Band="0" Pilot="-1" RollOff="-1" Url="" Bitrate="0" />

Did you modify the channel from QAM64 <-> QAM256 or similiar? if not, maybe you should try it at least once to see if tuning is valid thereafter.

please do a new channel scan (based on current public svn) and post your tv+tswriter.log.

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Don't know really if this can be of any help. I am not really into the matter...

I just installed a fresh Win7 and the latest BETA with SVN. All looking great, but as my previous 1.02 install, I have the problem that scanning for channels does not come up with all available channels.

When installing 1.02 at the time I came up with a solution for myself:
    Just did a clean install of 1.02 but the channelscan (Caiway Netherlands DVB-C) doesn't come up with channels like Nederland 1 HD, RTL7 HD and a couple more.

Anyone in the netherlands who DOES have these? (worked always actually). Can someone provide me the details to get these channels in (maybe do an export of your channels, if you have CAIWAY).

FIX:
    The CAIWAY list in MP seems to be outdated. I filled in a frequency of 554000 Khz, modulation 64QAM and a Symbol rate of 6900 and did a manual scan. MP found all channels this time!
    When installing the latest BETA and SVN I had to use this solution again to get all channels. The latest tvlibrary didn't solve it though..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom