[solved] DVB/T2 HD Germany - Channelscan (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Do you have a Dropbox or OneDrive account ? - if yes, upload it and then PM me a link to it.

If it's only 6MB then just attach it to a post here (you can always delete it later).

Note: you can always set up a manual recording (via the TV client) if you want to do a short recording from a channel - no need to actually play anything at the same time.

Does the recording play on your system ?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Both recordings playback on my HTPC but in the same way as the live played. I will upload the 2nd one here as it shows the problem best. Please let me know when you have it so I can delete it asap.

UPDATE: Upload removed.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Slightly off topic...
    Would anybody be willing to grab me a ~60 second TS dump from one of the German DVB-T2 transmitters?
    I'd just like to take a quick look at the DVB service/network/bouquet information to confirm that all the important descriptors are handled.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...so I think they are being transmitted, but TV Server seems to be waiting a long time for the PMT to be found in the stream sometimes, which I think is why TsReader is timing out (waiting for enough timeshift data to be available) and play then being stopped by MP client.
    From the log files I have the feeling that @joecrow 's signal quality may not be good enough for DVB-T2. As you say, TV Server is struggling to receive PMT sometimes... and then at other times when PMT is received, audio and/or video are not seen. Reception of DVB-T2 generally requires higher signal quality than reception of DVB-T...

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    If the DVB-T2 transmitter only has HEVC channels then you might have to do it with Owlsroost's version
    They are only HEVC channels on the test transmitter. As I wanted to test the modified version anyway, I can do both with one trip :) I'll try to do it over the weekend.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    They are only HEVC channels on the test transmitter.
    Okay.
    You could probably still produce the dump using the standard TV Server version. Just time-shift one of the channels as if it were a radio channel.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...so I think they are being transmitted, but TV Server seems to be waiting a long time for the PMT to be found in the stream sometimes, which I think is why TsReader is timing out (waiting for enough timeshift data to be available) and play then being stopped by MP client.
    From the log files I have the feeling that @joecrow 's signal quality may not be good enough for DVB-T2. As you say, TV Server is struggling to receive PMT sometimes... and then at other times when PMT is received, audio and/or video are not seen. Reception of DVB-T2 generally requires higher signal quality than reception of DVB-T...

Could be, I am using a room antenna (active) and was suffering bad weather reception problems on some channels, which has been resolved by repositioning the antenna, now all std. channels are very good. . According to the DVBT website my location should be good for reception using an internal antenna and no alternative is available short of hanging something out of the window. I will try increased signal amplification and antenna position and let you know the results (may not be till next week).
    Bottom line though is that something plays sometimes, so really great work so far (y)(y)(y)(y) compliments and thanks to @Owlsroost .

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Yes, I was wondering about that too...

Playing the 'manual - Test ARD alpha HD - 2016-07-08' sample recording, it's got a lot of continuity errors and PTS jumps (so it's almost unusable - just a few very short sections of decent video).

@joecrow - if you want to test the playback performance of your system, the two sample HEVC recordings that aspik captured a few weeks ago are in the 'HEVC_recordings' folder here - https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aj0xlmcWljmmjSEmEFklgq_oKzC2 ('Dschungel_unter_Wasser_20160511_1814' is 1280 x 1080p @50fps, and 'Test_IRT_HD_20160511_1816' is 1920 x 1080p @ 50fps).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom