[solved] DVB/T2 HD Germany - Channelscan (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK was able to get some further time today. @Owlsroost playback of thje sample HEVC test recordings was perfect. With highest applification and repositioning of my antenna I am able to improve playback of live test channels, still much stutter and jerkiness but much longer sections of good video and no problem starting play except for BR Süd which never worked, BR Nord and all the others start up OK. (bit interesting that since I am located in south Bayern:rolleyes:. Looks like I may need to invest in a new antenne, it may be possible to fix something on the wall outside near the window. Any suggestions? my guess is a metal coat hanger will not suffice.:LOL:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For general HEVC playback performance testing, here are a few video clips I use - https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aj0xlmcWljmmjSPenJwQ7VCgrLIO

Note the 'Astra_Ultra_HD_Demo.ts' is a real stress-test clip - it's 3840 x 2160p @ 50fps (even on my 3GHz i7 - 4 cores+hyperthreading - it won't play smoothly using software decoding).

The 'Tehachapi Diesel Thunder...' clips are from my own video footage, encoded to HEVC using Handbrake x265 encoder. They are about 5Mbps, 1920 x 1080p @ 50fps. Not very interesting content unless you're a railway enthusiast (like me :)), but the continuous train movement makes it easy to spot stutters etc. The large clip is 10 minutes long, the small ones 2 minutes each (taken from the beginning and mid parts of the long clip).

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    TsDump uploaded to our FTP:
    /tsdumps/HEVC_samples/

The patched version from Owlsroost works good for me :) I could view and record the channels. Again, many thanks for your work!

@morpheus_xx
    Do you think that you could include the patch in the MP2 SlimTV plugin? The new TsReader works out of the box in MP2, so would just have to update the nuget package :)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    The patched version from Owlsroost works good for me :) I could view and record the channels. Again, many thanks for your work!

Good :)

Can you post the logs please (just so I can check it's all working 'as intended') ?

Also (not urgent) can you create a set of short recordings - one for each DVB-T2 HEVC channel - and upload them please, so I've got a set of samples for future TsReader testing ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Definitely not from satellite :) I've recorded it with the hauppauge WinTV-dualTV tuner with the small included antenna :D
    Hmmm, okay. It's strange that the network table (NIT actual) references only satellite transponders, and no other DVB-T or T2 transmitters.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    One of the sample recordings aspik posted a few weeks ago (the IRT one) had incorrect audio information in the PMT (it had an LATM AAC stream_type, but the stream was actually ADTS AAC, and there was also a spurious E-AC3 descriptor for the same PID...).

So these DVB-T2 test transmissions might have 'issues' and not be typical of the normal service transmissions, whenever they might start.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Can you post the logs please (just so I can check it's all working 'as intended') ?
    Logs attached.
    Also (not urgent) can you create a set of short recordings - one for each DVB-T2 HEVC channel - and upload them please, so I've got a set of samples for future TsReader testing ?
    Two sample recordings from two channels uploaded to the FTP directory. I'll try to get samples from the other channels tomorrow.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Got it working and it is looking really good:). Literally have the antenne hanging out of the window:LOL:, live playback, recording and timeshift all work fine. Logs attached for playback on all test channels including BR Sued which does not work still, if you want to take a look. Also made a 39MB clip from a German railway program if you are interested @Owlsroost motion seems good. Regarding Ultra HD I have used the "Elysium" test clip which my setup cannot play well, 100% cpu and sttill very jerky, using the Lentoid decoder helps a bit but still not good, HEVC GPU support needed I think.
    For now though I am delighted to see DVBT2 HD TV working, wonderfull job.(y):):):)(y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom