[solved] Dynamic refresh rate not working (1 Viewer)

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Let me go through device manager and check for driver updates on graphics / audio drivers first. Just updated the Intel display audio driver...... but didn't fix the problem. Had to stop for now - wife wants to watch TV ;)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Good that we succeed to talk over remote connection, so in final it seems that stop playback on audio remove was the culprit here :p

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for all your help. It’s all been working beautifully for more than a week now. Very stable on the new Intel NUC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks. I will provide an upgrade for some related issue. It could be nice that you can test it to know if no regression is visible :)

Tapatalk

Urban51

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks!
    The fix from Post 23 worked for my AMD APU with Win 10 1703 and latest drivers. Lets see if the black screen issue comes again if I am forced to upgrade Windows...

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Just updated to 1.21, and DRR is broken for me again. Symptoms now are very long time to start movies that change refresh rate from default (50 fps) - like 30 seconds to start playback, and then no audio when it finally plays. Disable DRR and playback works (but with judder on 24p movies)

imported_ambass

Portal Member
    March 17, 2009
    I'm just back on MP to change my "old" HTPC ( more than 10 years... hardware starts to fail ) for a NUC7i3, and I'm directly fall here with refresh rate changer !
    Fresh install of Win10 1703, MP 1.21. Exactly same symptoms as you describe globaldonkey from beginning of this thread.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Yeah there's something odd about the Intel HD Audio driver that DRR has problems with and Sebastiii patched for 1.20. I thought 1.21 would have had the patch, but seems not. For now, I've disabled DRR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello, i'm absent from MP forum since a while now, looking your logs, your video is 23.96Hz, but your screen is already in 25hz, and after try to enable 50Hz ? So, MP detecte 23 hz and want to switch TV to 25 hz, but can't and MP want switch to 50hz try to start change frequency before MP Start, on windows parameter. i remember...
    Hello, i'm absent from MP forum since a while now, looking your logs, your video is 23.96Hz, but your screen is already in 25hz...
    After finally managing to get DRR working on my Intel Integrated Graphics 630 based setup, which was down to the default ON setting...
    Replies
    Views
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    This plugin is alternate version to the original World Weather plugin developed by @Micropolis. Is compatible with MediaPortal...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
    I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
    Replies
    Views
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
    With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom