Editing recorded TV (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there an easy why to edit recorded TV? I'm talking about those .tv files. Basically I would like to cut out stuff before and after the recorded program.

ANSWER:
    TS-Doctor

Last edited:

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I use VideoReDo TV Suite.

There is a plugin to allow you to edit the video from within MP using VRD too.

jestermgee

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2008
    In a house
    Home Country
    Commskip?

I guess it depends on what you want to edit out and why. If you look into Commskip you can tweak it pretty well to allow it to edit out commercials and pre-post recorded stuff on the fly without having to actually edit the file. Just created a text file to skip the affected sections. Since 2007 I have had it working quite well though never tried to get it to trim off the pre and post stuff too much.

I also use another app called MCE Buddy which can automatically compress the recordings after 14 days and use the commskip data to remove the commercials when it does so you have a stored MP4 file with most of the junk removed. Great for getting simple shows for the kids.

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    I re-visit this subject every six months or so as I need to edit lots of my video files at some point. I did trial VideoReDo and found it to be great except for the rather high price tag.

Ultimately, I am still looking for a free video editor that is frame accurate, includes error fixing and can preserve the subtitles.

I have since concluded that that the substitle issue is a problem for so many editors that I should just try and forget about them.

Catavolt - do you think AVIDemux is what I need? I heard that it used to cause problems with video/audio sync - have these problems since been sorted?

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Yeah - I know. I am a very greedy boy!:sneaky:

I was more than happy to use a number of programs but I could never really find enough information on how to use Proect X (which did preserve subtitles).

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In the past I used mkvmerge, but it is not frame accurate, however the advantage is no loss in quality. Easiest and fastest thing to do is just buy another 4TB HDD :p

Users who are viewing this thread