Elgato EyeTV Hybrid, TV Tuner Stick for DVB-T/-C, (1 Viewer)

wlgspotter

Portal Pro
December 3, 2006
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi

I try to buy my first tv tuner and wondering can I use this with mediaportal
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elgato-EyeTV-Hybrid-analogue-silver/dp/B001LRP2JK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Firstly, my apologies for such a late late reply. This is a bit of a long post so please bear with me...

Not sure if you are still looking for answers to your query above, but just thought I'd share my experience.

I've been a long time MediaPortal user, and my MP setup was on a Shuttle XPC, running Windows 7, MP v1.10.0. I have a Hauppauge HVR-3000 PCI Hybrid tuner card installed in the XPC, and it worked fine in MP. I've also managed to install and use XBMC/Kodi as my HTPC Front End with TV-Server as the PVR backend.

I also have a couple of Macs (iMacs and Macbook Pro), and installed XBMC/Kodi on the Mac and connecting to my XPC PVR backend, that worked. A little while ago, I had to spend a lot of time away from home (no direct connection to my XPC), and as such purchased an Elgato EyeTV Diversity for watching DVB-T TV on my Macbook Pro while I was away from home. That again, worked fine - it is independent from my MP setup and has got nothing to do with MP.

Recently, and only thought about it recently, I decided to try and see if I can get the EyeTV to work with MP, as I always thought Elgato products are made for Macs and they didn't have PC support. To my surprise, when I Googled this matter, I found out that Elgato do have Windows drivers for the EyeTV USB tuner sticks, which will work with Windows 7 and Windows 8. I downloaded the drivers, installed it, and got it recognised in my Windows 7 system. When I subsequently fired up TV Server configuration, I found that the EyeTV is now listed as one of the available tuners in TV Server too. I mamage to scan for channels via that tuner, and am happy to report that I managed to set it up as an additional tuner on my TV Server. As an added bonus, because I have the EyeTV Diversity, it is effectively 2 tuners in one, and is recognised as such in TV Server. Together my the Hauppauge HVR-3000 card in the shuttle, I now have 3x independent TV tuners. I have tested it - watching a programme, recording another, and using XBMC/Kodi on my Mac to stream remotely yet another program. All works - granted my XPC is struggling to cope but I believe that is because of the prosessing power of the PC and nothing to do with TV Server.

So, if summary, whilst the product you mentioned above it slightly different, I think it could work given my experience.

Hope this helps...

Nero60

Portal Member
April 27, 2016
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi wigspotter

I guess you are not using a smartcard in your EyeTV Diversity? I hava an Elgato EyTV One which supports a smartcard for scrambled channels. Just as you everything works fine until I want5 to watch a scrammbled channel. Then I get the message; Timeshifting not possible....

Hubert

Users who are viewing this thread