Error playing WMV (1 Viewer)

wogboy112

Portal Pro
January 18, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

Im running mediaportal 1.3 beta and Im currently experiencing an issue playing WMV movies, i get an error saying

Cannnot play: filename
Video Codec: VC-1

I have attached my logs. any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Im running mediaportal 1.3 beta and Im currently experiencing an issue playing WMV movies, i get an error saying

Cannnot play: filename
    Video Codec: VC-1

I have attached my logs. any help would be appreciated

Hello!
    Can you look in your LAV Video config and confirm that wmv3 and wmv12 are ticked in Tab Formats. Also try to play around with the setting "Use Microsoft WMV9 DMO decoder for WMV3 and VC-1" (tick or untick)
    See:
    =LAV_Video_Configuration_-_Formats_0.54.1.PNG

Do you have any other codec packs installed?
    Thanks!

wogboy112

Portal Pro
    January 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

Ive tried all combintations I could think of within the LAV settings that you showed me, but still same error.

I used to have Haali media splitter and FFDShow, but they were uninstalled months ago

Last edited:

wogboy112

Portal Pro
    January 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    all of them by the looks of it, I have tested playing them in vlc and they work on that machine.

Just not in mediaportal

Last edited:

wogboy112

Portal Pro
    January 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I sure have, this is what my settings look like

Attachments

• capture.PNG
      capture.PNG
      36.3 KB

wogboy112

Portal Pro
    January 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    no, I will test that now[DOUBLEPOST=1357119120][/DOUBLEPOST]This is what shows up when i open it in there

Attachments

• capture.PNG
      capture.PNG
      14.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks for the response. No change. No MP2 in APPs (the Win 11 version of Programs) There was an empty MP2-Server folder under Team Media Portal in PF X86. The net 4 version, as I indicated, is the one I installed. Or tried to. For completeness, I deleted the (empty) folder & the Team Media Portal folder (otherwise empty), and...
    Thanks for the response. No change. No MP2 in APPs (the Win 11 version of Programs) There was an empty MP2-Server folder under...
    1. Download MediaPortal for free! - MEDIAPORTAL Click "media portal 2", goes to this github link, which is a 404. 2. Downloaded the...
    Replies
    Views
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    When attempting to play live TV from a Client Only install of Media Portal back to my Media Portal Server I get an error of "There is no player registered to play media item stream X.Y". I've tried version 2.4.1 and 2.5. I've also tried setting a static IP on both the client and the server. In 2.5 I get this error in the logs...
    When attempting to play live TV from a Client Only install of Media Portal back to my Media Portal Server I get an error of "There...
    When attempting to play live TV from a Client Only install of Media Portal back to my Media Portal Server I get an error of "There...
    Replies
    Views
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is not extensive). It is strange that you mention this because there are now four DVB-T channels in the UK that behave in the same way (this is new for the UK). I think that these might be some sort of...
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is...
    I am running MePo 1.32 X86 on Windows 11 Ryzen 9 7900X 32GB DDR5 RAM 1TB NVME Boot Drive 4TB NVME Data drive RTX 3060 12GB I have...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom