Error playing WMV (1 Viewer)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Same problem here with wmv1 and wmv2 . I don't know but probably with MP 1.2 there were no problem.
    I'll try later with your hints.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    My guess is that lav splitter interface even audio and video change quite often so there are some problems with MP that use not an updated code . I have same issue sometimes with my visualsubsynch project on SourceForge and its Delphi interfaces I have wrote. I have to be careful.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Guys,

By unticking "Source Splitter Selection", MP will ask the source splitter that can handle the video file to play (here it's wmv)
    That mean it will use the native splitter (surely the microsoft one) to be able to play the wmv format.

But normaly, LAV Splitter should handle it and it seems it failed for you (Can you post logs when it failed and even a sample of one of your wmv ?)
    I'm on Win7 and Win8 and all format works here (read option ticked) maybe it's an issue with LAV Splitter on XP that doesn't handle wmv.

Like LAV Splitter should handle all king of format, that why this option is checked by default.
    It could be nice if i can do a remote session with one of you to try to see directly why it failed.

caveman

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Did this problem somehow get fixed? I just experienced the same.
    And by disabling the splitter i now dont have 5.1 Sound in WMV files.

caveman

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Well welll well.. Just got a bit help with "understanding" what was wrong.

Aparently some of the Codec settings where not checked for LAV.
    Had to select the screwdriver in the codec settings for LAV.
    - So now in the Input format Lav Splitter and Lav splitter Source everyting is ticked / checked.
    - The same for LAV Audio / LAV Video
    And now it worked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is not extensive). It is strange that you mention this because there are now four DVB-T channels in the UK that behave in the same way (this is new for the UK). I think that these might be some sort of...
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is...
    I am running MePo 1.32 X86 on Windows 11 Ryzen 9 7900X 32GB DDR5 RAM 1TB NVME Boot Drive 4TB NVME Data drive RTX 3060 12GB I have...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom