Export settings (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

A feature/function to export media portal settings would be good, as when loading on to different machines, it saves time, and sometimes it’s the tweaks that make the system stable.

FM

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    all settings are in
    - mediaportal.xml
    - capturecards.xml

so just keep a copy of it and
    place it on your new h/w

Frodo

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hopefully a simple question: I have not watched Free-to-air satellite TV for months and so unsurprisingly the other day when I wanted to watch something on UK Channel 4+1 I found that the channel had moved. Actually, loads of channels had moved. So I did a rescan on both my tuners but found that pretty much none of the channels...
    Hopefully a simple question: I have not watched Free-to-air satellite TV for months and so unsurprisingly the other day when I...
    Hopefully a simple question: I have not watched Free-to-air satellite TV for months and so unsurprisingly the other day when I...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my keyboard just fine (also lightspeed wireless). Suggestions?
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my...
    Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
    Replies
    Views
    I've notised that more and more channels are not working in OnLineVideos. For me it made the service useless sometime ago. It's a pitty since OnLineVideos was/is one of the cornerstone in Media Portal. And that means that MediaPortal now is not my prefered choise. My only choise was to move to Kodi. And that was, in my opinion, to...
    I've notised that more and more channels are not working in OnLineVideos. For me it made the service useless sometime ago. It's a...
    I've notised that more and more channels are not working in OnLineVideos. For me it made the service useless sometime ago. It's a...
    Replies
    Views
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
    Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
    Replies
    Views
    FYI: I now got TV Server running also under Windows system user while being able to write to a network share (this means without having to start the service as a different user). The reason for me trying this out was that using the "different user for service" approach, there was one minor issue where TV Service could not write to the...
    FYI: I now got TV Server running also under Windows system user while being able to write to a network share (this means without...
    Hi everybody, after recently setting up a Xen hypervisor with MediaPortal 1 TV Backend on Windows Server 2012 as a virtual machine...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom