Fanart Handler (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

niblet

Portal Pro
October 4, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The save button still disappears for me on beta 0.9 - not tested funtionality yet ;)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It works for me Niblet - but only appears on the Common and Scraper Settings Tabs not on Manage Fanart or About tabs. I am using Vista 32 bit and MP 1.0.2 though.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi clanmackenzi,

If no major issues are reported on the Beta 0.9 I think version 1.0 can be available next week.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Dadeo,

Thanks for your report.

your MPEI copies all the readme.txt files to the thumbs folder not to the separate skin Fanart folders
    I have fixed this issue and will be correct in version 1.0

Is there any way to scrape only 'new artists'? In Beta 8 I noticed even after I had scraped all my music, the plugin was still rechecking every artist and it did seem to have a slight effect on performance.
    In version 0.9 the logic is like this;
    First time you open MP
    * The scraper will start (initial scrape) for every artist in your MP music database.

All other times you open MP
    * the scraper will not include the artists handled in the first scrape (initial scrape is done for these artists.
    * the scraper will scrape (initial scrape) for every new artsit added to the MP music database.
    * the scraper will "only" scrape the htbackdrop site using the "new images" property found on the htbackdrops site. This means that if the initial scrape found for example two images for the artist Madonna but you have set the plugin to scrape three images and someone adds a new madonna image to the htbackdrops site it will be scraped.

So in short;
    Initial Scrape is done once for every artist. If images are found they are downloaded. If no images are found the artist is still flagged as initial scrape=done. New artists added to your MP database will have ONE initial scrape.
    New Image ScrapeEvery time you open MP this plugin will do a search on the htbackdrop site setting the "New Images Only" flag thus receiving all new images added to the site. The plugin will then try to match any of these new images to your artists and if a match the image will be downloaded if not max number of images already filled.

Can you verify that this is how it works for you in version 0.9?

Is there any way to 'manually' link fanart to artists? Some of my fanart does not show an artist in the Manage Fanart tab e.g. Artist "112".
    I will see what I can do about this new feature but in the meantime I think you have found a bug here if an artist name is all numeric. Thanks.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi niblet,

Thank you for your report. Can you please verify that the save button is available in all tabs but the About and Manage Fanart. The reason for hiding it on these tabs are that you can do no changes on these tabs that can be saved;)

cheers
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi edterbak,

Do you mean that the MPI program has changed in MP SVN causing problems? Or is it a problem with the MPI file of this plugin? If you are using the dll file only from the google code site you will need to follow these steps to install version 0.9;
    * copy your fanart in the /thumbs/skin fanart/music to a backup location
    * delete all fanart in the /thumbs/skin fanart/music folder
    * copy your /database/fanarthandler.db3 file to a backup location
    * delete your /database/fanarthandler.db3 file
    * download the FanartHandler.dll from the google code site (link) and replace the one on your system (in the plugins/process directory).
    * download the FanartHandler.org from the google code site (link) and replace the one on your system (in the /database directory).

best regards
    cul8er

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Can you verify that this is how it works for you in version 0.9?
    Yes, that is exacly how it appears to be working now. THX!

One more question, if I now increase my max # of images, will it rescrape all artists, or just add new ones? I know I could just try it, but don't want to go through another 3+ hours atm :) in case it rescrapes everything.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Dadeo,

This will happen;
    1. If you just start MP now it will not do a new initial scrape for the artists already scraped only new ones.
    2. If you open the configuration and press the button on the scraper tab (have forgotten the text on the button;) but it is a red warning text after) a complete new intitial scrape will be performed and the scraper will then try to scrape more images until your new max count is filled.

best regards
    cul8er

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes that works perfectly. Thanks. Also, don't worry about numeric only artists too much, the plugin does recognize and display the fanart correctly in Music for artist '112' though the fanart filename is 11212051.jpg

P.S. That button is called "Reset Scraper" with a nice red warning message :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom