clanmackenzi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    Paris, France
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi clanmackenzi,

If no major issues are reported on the Beta 0.9 I think version 1.0 can be available next week.

best regards
    cul8er

Cul8er, fantastic news - and who knows maybe MP1.1RC1 will be out next week too!

Great work, this and your integration of mylyrics and globalsearch into Xfactor has brought the music section of MediaPortal back from near death. I hadn't gone near it since Spotify was released but now it has burst back onto the scene in glorious style - very well done indeed to all involved.

:D

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If the plug-in only scrapes on the start of MP it will not see many 'new' images that are added to HTBackdrops if you leave MP running most of the time (as I do). Can you add a scheduler to the download to check at least every few days at a convenient non busy time?

I still think separating the added number from the artist name in parentheses would be helpful... as in Dadeo's "11212051.jpg" issue ... could look like "112 (12051)".jpg.

I'll have a go at this new version as soon as I find out why MP is shooting my CPU load to 100% (not this plugin). or I could go ahead and put it on my HTPC and hope for the best ;)

Thanks so much for adding even more value to PM.

Chuck

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi 2BitSculptor,

Good suggestion. I will add the feature to initiate a new scrape every 24 hours or so (will be configurable in the MP configuration of this plugin).

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Beta 0.95 is now available.

New in this version;
    * feature to initiate an automatic new scrape every 24 hours or so (configurable in the MP configuration of this plugin, default is evry 24 hours).
    * scraped images are now names as <artist> (random five digits).jpg (example: Madonna (52678).jpg

If you want to try this new version you should do this;
    * copy your fanart in the /thumbs/skin fanart/music to a backup location
    * delete all fanart in the /thumbs/skin fanart/music folder
    * copy your /database/fanarthandler.db3 file to a backup location
    * delete your /database/fanarthandler.db3 file
    * install Beta 0.95

best regards
    cul8er

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Just a small issue... may not be the plugin, but, full music db scraping stops after 1st image downloaded. I had both db scrape and playing artist scrape selected, but even playing artist did not fetch any images. I stopped MP and turned off db scrape... then playing artist scrape worked.

Does db scrape take priority over playing artist if they are both set, thus hanging playing artist scrape too?

Could there be some other issue with my set-up that would keep it from working? I don't know where to start looking.

regards

Chuck

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just a small issue... may not be the plugin, but, full music db scraping stops after 1st image downloaded. I had both db scrape and playing artist scrape selected, but even playing artist did not fetch any images. I stopped MP and turned off db scrape... then playing artist scrape worked.

Does db scrape take priority over playing artist if they are both set, thus hanging playing artist scrape too?

Could there be some other issue with my set-up that would keep it from working? I don't know where to start looking.

regards

Chuck

I am seeing the same issue, the log is attached which has an System.NullReferenceException error in it, may help.

Cheers

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Another issue just popped up.

I stopped my playlist, advanced down the list to an artist that had not been scraped yet (don't know if it would have mattered) and started the next selection. I only have the image animation set up in MyMusicPlayingNow so far, to get the bugs out. so when I reentered NowPlaying, I had two images displayed simultaniously, one from the thumb folder and one from the fanart folder from the last artist palyed before I stopped it (the thumb image was smaller, and fornunately on top, or I would have missed it). The image animation, and subsequent scraping, ceased from then on, even when I skipped to another artist, and the background remained the same through all. I had to restart MP to reset things.

unexpected surprises...

Chuck

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi 2BitSculptor,

Thank you for your report but can you please attach the fanarthandler.log so that I can investigate. Without the log it is really hard to find any bugs.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I have found the bug causing the scraper to stop on first time scrape (if no images are in the /thumbs/skin fanart/music folder). New version will come later today.

cheers
    cul8er

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I'll try to reproduce it later today .... busy day with the grandchildren ....:D

I'm still getting duplicate artist listings in the manager. but second artist names have the random number attached (w/space but no parentheses)

regards,

Chuck

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom