2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Okay... first test.

- Started MP, selected a playlist. go to NowPlaying.
    - First few titles have fanart.
    - I skip to each of the next 4-5 titles and let play at least 30 seconds each (til second image shows)
    - I skip back 2-3 titles (each artist displays fanart), then skip forward one.
    - fanart animation hung on previous artist, skipping to next 2 titles still has hung fanart image.
    - Stop and exit MP

test 2

- repeated steps above, except after first artist (with fanart) went back to playlist, skipped down to artist (with fanart) just before artist without fanart (I guessed), I went back to NowPlaying.
    - After scrape and display of several image changes for next artist, I skipped forward and back several times.
    - It took longer to hang, but eventually did
    - skipped to next 2 titles ...still has hung fanart image.
    - Stop and exit MP

Hope it helps

Chuck

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Version Beta 0.96 is now available. The bug causing the scraper to stop on first time scrape is fixed. Have also added some more enhancements to the plugin in an attempt to make it even more stable;)

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi 2BitSculptor,

Thank you for all your help in testing this plugin. I have tried the steps you included (using version 0.96) but in that version I cannot reproduce the issue. Please test version 0.96 and see if the problem still exists. I have attached a NowPlaying xml from the x-factor skin so if the problem still exist, please compare the xml's in the included and the one you have.

best regards
    cul8er

Attachments

• MyMusicPlayingNow.xml
      30.6 KB

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Hi,

Version Beta 0.96 is now available. The bug causing the scraper to stop on first time scrape is fixed. Have also added some more enhancements to the plugin in an attempt to make it even more stable;)

best regards
    cul8er

Hi Markus,

tested the scrapper a bit and all went good,only one error and i think is the Fanart source server fault.

11-Jan-2010 16:27:16 Error [ Scraper]: getImages: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

After that error the scrapper resume searching without issues ;)

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

best regards
    cul8er

This version has fixed the issues I was seeing when doing a full scan, been grabbing for over an hr now and up 'L' - have not had chance to check the auto download part yet.

Thanks

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi cul8er

If no fanart exist, it reverts to default.png or default.jpg.
    Is that happening in the skin or in this plugin?

Will it (skin/plugin) support default01.jpg, default02.jgp, default03.jpg, etc?
    Reason I ask, I have a lot of artists without fanart and would like some rotation.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    was wondering the same thing.... :)

also.. full scan is working.... will test hanging image rotation when it is done.

:D:D:D

Chuck

-----

590 images downloaded with db scrape
    - I didn't catch any wrong names
    - only a hand-full of duplicated images (same size) as mentioned before
    - There were only a few artists that didn't get all fanart (but at least 1 image)
    - no grabs for artists with no fanart

did check for hanging image... took many attempts, but it did eventually hang. I will check the x-factor xml against mine... but since it works correctly most of the time, I don't think it is skin related, although it may have found a weekness in the skin engine.

I haven't updated to MP v1.1 yet ... still hanging on to 1.0.2 for a bit more.

Thanks for the excellent work!!!!!

Chuck

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    just test v0.96 ..
    the full scen from my test (150 artist) setting to get 6 fan art ,i got 200 fanart (12 mints to finsh) and all the 200 corect artist :eek:
    not even one wrong ...excelent work cul8er ...

1 thing i can see is evry artist that i play ,it's add the same picture line in the "mange fanart" see screenshot
    the plugin rename it defrent but you can see the nomber ( ) is the same , but the pluging dont downlad any more picture
    the folder have the same picture from the full sceen ...

guys, new user don't know what a great plugin thay get soon .....:D

Attachments

• fanarthandler-01.jpg
      fanarthandler-01.jpg
      156.1 KB

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a little question about the resolutions double image thing again, I have been thinkinjg about it.

Your source is htbdrackdrops.com right? They do show the resolution underneath the image. This might one mean one of the 2 things;
    1) They have a db where this information is stored (most ideally)
    2) they determine this during runtime.

either way a webservice on there side would be most ideal (and doable in both situations), providing this and more info. Have you tried contacting those guys?
    Seems like there doing php, I can offer them some help getting that done

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thank you all for your feedback.

rekenaar;
    This is up to the skinner. The plugin does only show fanart matching an artist. If not found the fanarta available tags are set and it is up to the skinner to decide is to use one of the random fanart handler images to the skin or use a image or multiimage.

2BitSculptor;
    I manage to make the fanart handler stop working on my 1.0.2 system just moments ago. Strange because it doesn't happen on my 1.1Beta. And no errors exist in the log... I will continue to try to find this bug.

ysmp;
    I have found the little bug causing the double entires (with numbers after artist name) in the fanart database. Thanks for reporting.

joz;
    Thank for your suggestion but the problem is not that I cannot find what resolution an image has on htbackdrops. That is possible. What I cannot do is to find out if two images for artist Madonna with resolution x and y are the same image or not.

best regards
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom