Fanart Handler (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrm

Portal Pro
November 7, 2009
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Oh, my... It's just amazing! I love this plugin. THANKS!

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Have tested the latest beta today and it's friggin' awesome. Have a cold one, pat yourself on the back, or whatever makes you feel good cul8er. :D

Emph

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi

Thanks again for the great work this plugin is coming along very nicely:)

I just wanted to add 2 things to the feature requests

- The abilty to display random images for the scorecenter plugin folder, this is for the basic home backdrops while this item is selected

- The abilty for use of a weather folder or even better would be custom folders, i realise this might be hard to acomplish but if its possible it would be fantasic

thanks again for the great work!

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Fanart Handler

hi cul8ter,
    just a short question: Is it possible, that the plugin is not respecting alternative pathes in mediaportal_dirs.xml (thums should be stored on a server instead locally) ?
    Thanks for the great work!

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    hi cul8ter,

I'm glad you were able to reproduce the hick-up... I was about to just chalk it up to my set-up. It is a rare occurrence, but may confuse new users when it does happen. I hope you can stamp it out, but don't loose sleep over it.

Everything else is working beautifully!

best regards,

Chuck

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Guzzi,

Thanks for your report. The plugin is using MP functions to get the thumbs directory but from what you are reporting these functions does not respect the mediaportaldirs.xml. I will see if I can solved this but I will not focus on it right now because I have a feature freeze on the plugin trying to get it into version 1.0.

best regards
    cul8er

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Cul8er,

I think I have found an important bug. Or atleast something which drove me mad for a while.
    When X-factor menu backgrounds are set to use the fanart plugin, it looks awesome ofcourse. This is the situation when I bumped into this issue.
    I set (one of 5 menutabs) the menu background in x-factor menu to use fanart plugin > 'random music'. I clear the folder thumbs/fanart/music and reset the scraper. Now there is no image available for the menu.
    When I start Mediaportal, it is just stuck at "Starting Plugins". ctrl-alt-del and terminate mediaportal.exe process is the only option to get out of this situation.

In short: To reproduce the issue:
    1 - IN X-factor menu editor: Set one menu backdrop to be handled with fanart plugin. This is the most left column.
    2 - Set the fanart to be 'random music'
    3 - in fanart handler plugin: Delete all available fanart out of database and reset scraper. This way thumbs/skinart/music is empty.
    4 - Close configuration and start Mediaportal.
    5 - Starting plugin.... (MP Hung)

To overcome this non starting mediaportal issue, I copied just one random image in the fanart/music folder and mediaportal starts again. I think the X-factor skin plugin is expecting an image in the folder and doesnt know (yet) how to handle an empty folder or something.

I hope this is a propper report on a bug. I can not give more information about logs etc, as I am at work right now. Will take me 8 hours at least to fetch logs.

For information. I am using MP with the latest SVN. This SVN doesnt allow the MPE1 file to install propperly. X-factor skin = R479.
    I copied the newest fanarthandler.dll to the plugin folder. But where does the fanarthandler.org need to go? I put it in database folder. :)

Thanks for the magnifisant work with this plugin Cul8er. MP/X-factor looks sweet as hell with it. :)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Firstly, great plugin! Thanks for sharing it!!

In the following screenshot I'm playing Kanye West but the fanart shown is Bruce Springsteen, who was the artist I had played previously, it does cycle to Kanye West though... (is this the same issue as 2BitSculptor is having?)
    -
    ..In the music shares view it is not possible for me to support fanart because every user has their own folder structure where they store music and this is what this view displays. So it is not possible to find a common way to find the artist in this view....

I hear what you're saying but it's a bummer :(

...If you use any of the other views like artist, album, artistalbum and so on fanart is supported...

Which is great :)

Re: My Videos Plugin

I use MovingPictures for my HDD movies but I know some people like the MyVideos plugin - will the scraper grab fanart for videos at some stage?

Thanks again

Bleazle

Attachments

• KanyeWest.jpg
      KanyeWest.jpg
      118.7 KB

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi edterbak,

Thanks for your report but did you also delete the database/fanarthandler.db3 ?

Please see this post for install instructions;
    link

best regards
    cul8er

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi edterbak,

Thanks for your report but did you also delete the database/fanarthandler.db3 ?

Please see this post for install instructions;
    link

best regards
    cul8er

Right after you posted that, I did it. But going from 0.9 to 0.96 I did not. Should I?
    You also mention I need to copy fanarthandler.org. Where do I need to put it? (I put it in database folder)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom