Not open for further replies.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi edterbak,

It sounds as if you have installed everything as you should. But I'm not able to reproduce it at my computer. If you can provide logfiles later I would appreciate it. Logs like MediaPorstal.log, error.log and fanarthandler.log

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Bleazle,

Thank for your feedback. I will look into the issue with wrong image being displayed. Can you please provide some step by step instruction on how you did to find this error?

About the scraping for movies, this is not something that I will include in the plugin. So many plugins does this allready (onlinevideo, movingpicture, mytrailers, showtimes). If all these plugins did not scrape movie fanart then this would be a great idea because then we could have one plugin scraping movie fanart and put in one place to be reused by all plugins. Would save me alot of disk space;) On the other hand we now has this plugin and the likes of youtube.fm, music videos and so on doing the same thing for music;)

best regards
    cul8er

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I found something. When the plugin finds a fanart and shows it, after the timeout it attempts to load the default skin background for a sec and then it switches back to the fanart. When there are more than one fanarts, slideshow is OK until the end, when plugin tries to load the default background again before start the fanart loop again.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    SO, Here is the things you requested Cul8er :) Hope you understand whats going on.

I managed to reproduce the issue by:
    1 - Delete FanartHandler.db3 from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database
    2 - Paste FanartHandler.org in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database
    3 - Delete all images in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Skin FanArt\music
    4 - Reset Scraper in the fanarthandler.dll
    5 - Delete skin from cash C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache\XFactor
    6 - Start MP
    7 - Startup of MP hangs with the text "Starting Plugins".

I have X-factor skin setup as:
    attachment.php

Using: fanarthandler.dll v0.96; X-factor skin R479; MP1.1b (SVN 01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669)
    See attached requested log files from MP collector.

vrm: I see the same thing. Briefly a flash of the default image.

Attachments

• fanartplugin_manage_fanart.png
      fanartplugin_manage_fanart.png
      20.6 KB
    • skinsetup.png
      skinsetup.png
      78.5 KB

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ..Can you please provide some step by step instruction on how you did to find this error?..

So of course now it doesn't happen! I'll let you know if it happens again.

...About the scraping for movies, this is not something that I will include in the plugin. So many plugins does this allready (onlinevideo, movingpicture, mytrailers, showtimes)....

But can they be used to scrape images for movies on my HDD? I know MovingPictures can/does but is it possible to use those images (via your plugin) to show the fanart in MyVideos? I couldn't see how so maybe I missed something.

..If all these plugins did not scrape movie fanart then this would be a great idea because then we could have one plugin scraping movie fanart and put in one place to be reused by all plugins. Would save me a lot of disk space...

Why not make your plugin THE one to have as far as scraping images is concerned? i.e. give users the option to use it to get fanart for all of the different media/plugins you mention. Then maybe the developers of those plugins could be convinced to use it to grab the fanart their plugins need. Plugins which use fanart are appearing all of the time so the sooner someone does this the better (imho) - as you say it would save us all a lot of HDD space. This feature would pretty much make your plugin essential to MP (which I think it will be soon anyway)...

Thanks again,

Bleazle.

D3tritus

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    For those people having issues with the display of fanart in the basic menu, I think I've found the issue. I think it's probably related to the Media Portal 1.1 Beta animations. I was having problems getting TV and Music fanart to appear and would just get brief flashes of the fanart when selecting menu options but otherwise getting the default image. To fix it, once you have configured your menu options in the menu editor, start up media portal. Go to Settings, X-Factor and select the Media Portal 1.1 Beta Animations. You need to do this even if you have already selected this option before...which is what threw me initially. This fixed both the Music and the TV menu fanart for me. For some reason MovingPictures was working anyway...I have no idea why.

Moving on to an outstanding issue I now have. I can get fanart to show for all menu options now with the exception of photos and games. It's possible to select it from the menu editor but nothing but a blank screen shows in media portal. I've placed some fanart in the relevant skin fanart directories...

Thanks for all your work on this Skin Cul8er. It's a bloomin' revelation. I'm very much looking forward to the next release. :)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Fanart Handler

hi cul8ter,
    just a short question: Is it possible, that the plugin is not respecting alternative pathes in mediaportal_dirs.xml (thums should be stored on a server instead locally) ?
    Thanks for the great work!

Or the other way ;-): How do I have to configure MP properly to have fanarthandler store my music backdrops on a serverpath, where all other thumbs are stored ? - so mediaportal_dirs.xml defined this path and it works for movingpictures, logos, myfilms, native musicthumbs, picturethumbs, tvthumnbs, etc. Fanarthandler stores the thumbs in the original place instead. I have not yet tried to move them manually, but I assume, that the plugin expects them at the original location, right?
    Thanks, Guzzi

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This question has been presented before, I do not speak for him, but I believe cul8er may be looking at it as a possible enhancement after v1.0 is final. when he has a chance to look at the way mediaportal_dirs.xml works.

please... bug-stamping and stability first.

regards,

Chuck

D3tritus

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    Curiouser and curiouser. The fanart for Games has just started working. I copied a couple more pictures into the folder to supplement the default fanart and suddenly no blank screen and the fanart rotation is working, even including the default art which was not displaying previously. Very odd. Still no joy for Pictures, I've put about 5 piccies into the appropriate skin fanart subfolder but nothing is displaying, just a black screen.

I'm using MP 1.1 Beta, R479 X-Factor with the patched Menu Editor file and Fanart Handler 0.96.

Any ideas?

ixdvc

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Fanart Handler

Is it possible to show images for Sum 41? FanartHandler only recognizes the artist Sum and when going to "manage fanart" then you're not able to rename the artist, right?
    My second question is: When you have a song by two artists and you want to show an artwork of the second named (e.g. show Alicia Keys for "Jack White & Alicia Keys"). Is that possible?

Apart from that beta 9 works great!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom