Feature Requests (2 Viewers)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @karl10247 All packed for skiing now... Thanks for your feedback!

1) Probably only you that need this but I can take a look, shouldn't be so much to change.
    2) Think we use arrow keys, will check.
    3) Looking at MPExt. TAS and the data seems to be there. So maybe we can add it if it fits in the design.
    4) Annoys me too, will fix before next release.
    5) Already fixed in dev.
    6) Possible with regular remote. Just swipe left above the two dots to get the regular remote.
    7) You mean that the checkbox is spinning and not the circle?
    8) We decided to do in the current way instead of what you suggest, don't think we will change now.
    9) Same as 3)
    10) It's kind of implemented but not sure if we release it. It's not really smooth since the epg is updated on pan motion instead of a list scrolling, ok smoothnes on later iPad models though. The problem is that one need two different areas for scrolling up and down and this do not feel natural.
    11) Will check the code and see if I see any logic glitches.
    12) Same as 3)

Cheers,

Johan

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    sorry for the delay responding, haven't been able to get to a computer the last few days

Glad you liked the feedback, I've identified a couple of more items i'll add below but first regarding the existing items:

1) Thanks for taking a look. Actually I think a few people will want this, after all this is a app to control your MP remotely and when would people want to do that? most likely when they are holiday, perhaps in a different time zone
    2) Yes I think the arrow keys are for the skip steps.... 15sec, 30sec, 1min whatever and I think the skip chapters buttons are mapped to them. This doesn't mean to say its incorrect but if we could have some other buttons for skip chapter that would be great
    3) That would be wonderful if you could do that. Its a pain not knowing which recorded tv episode you are about to play, if the number is not in the description
    4) Cool
    5) Cool
    6) I'll have to look a bit harder for that, I tried as you say above the two dots a couple of nights ago but couldn't get it working. I think I know where im screwing up though
    7) I mean the check itself is spinning. I know a little circle spins around the x when its connecting but for some reason when the EPG connects the check spins. All other checks do not. This really isn't a big issue though lol
    8) Shame
    9) Again would be great to have this
    10) Sounds complicated, its not a deal killer but would still be nice if you could fix for all ipads. Mine is a 3rd generation
    11) Thanks
    12) Again would be great to have this

And the two new items I've thought of:

13) I encountered a bug. Go into recorded tv and make sure all is highlighted. Go into search, do a search then return to recorded tv. The contents of "All" are incomplete and you have to flick around between all/watched/unwatched to get it to appear properly again. I'll have a play again tonight to see if its repeatable
    14) Would be nice to see a red recording flag next to programs scheduled for recording in the search screen

Back in touch soon :)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    On skii vacation now, will not be able to do anything this week.
    7) the checkbox/circle/red cross is the same object. I just change image and rotate it. Something went wrong if checkbox spins, I have seen this a few times but not on every startup. How long does your initialization take when connecting to the remote htpc?
    13) this a a known bug but I havent found a way to reproduce it consistantly. I can probably fix it quick if we find it reproducable.

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    How long does your initialization take when connecting to the remote htpc?

Pretty quick actually, about 5 seconds i'd say. Im on a 125mbit line in the US and the MP PC is on a 75mbit connection in the UK. There is a delay when you hit the buttons e.g. enter channel, skip, fast forward but being able to browse the guide remotely before you select is a complete blessing

I'll keep stress testing to see if i can come up with any more improvements :)

EDIT

Enjoy your holiday

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    .......15) make a way to delete a folder or multiple recordings in one go (tick box affair? I don't know)

Wife likes the "record every time on every channel" option so now we have 3 million episodes of come dine with me, loose women, this morning and lots of other crap

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    15) will be fixed at th same time as 4) . Not sure how yet but I think I will try swipe left to show delete button also on folder. Right now one need to select the item first before swiping left and that will not work on folder since the folder will open. So probably better to allow swipe left without having to first select item.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @karl10247 In the dev version this has now been added/fixed:
    Timezone can now be configured,
    folders of recordings can be deleted,
    season/episode is now visible in EPG/Recordings details if available.
    13) Missing recordings list issue should now work.

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    @johanj YOU THE MAN!

Thak for including these improvements,MPiV will just getbetter and better! Keep up the good work

Coppice

Portal Member
    August 14, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Great app. I've managed to move completely away from WMC at last and iViewer is my beautiful new replacement for the Remote Potatoe app. One feature I would like in the next update is to be able to delete movies directly from the app. I have set recorded movies from tv to be automatically moved into my movie library however my wife never checks what we have recorded before scheduling so we have a few duplicates. My media pc is in the study and we never really access it directly preferring to stream to iPads and then AirPlay to the TV if we want to use the big screen.

Thanks again for a great app.

Users who are viewing this thread