ffdshow/Haali (1 Viewer)

nmt1978

Portal Pro
October 14, 2008
please tell me how to configure / activate haali media splitter in MP? it seems that we have to activate this filter in Video Post Proccessing in MP configuration?

the1

Portal Pro
February 8, 2009
Home Country
I have installed ffdshow and Haali media splitter but the .mkv files are still not working.
The codec options I get in MediaPortal Options under Videos are as follows;

H.264 Video Decoder - ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder, ATI MPEG Video Decoder, ffdshow VFW decoder helper, ffdshow raw video filter

Please help here thankyou!

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    6be21cc66e54c339d1f86a19d4e2a678.png

How to gather log files
    How to show System Specs
    How to start support/bug thread

--- PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT THIS MESSAGE ---
    Logs and system specs should always be added - just in case

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Okay I have attached my logs. mkv's are still not working.

I also have 2 other questions.
    What are the best codecs to use from My Videos and Television.

Here are my available options.

MediaPortal Config -> Videos -> Video Player

MPEG-2 video decoder:
    - MPV Decoder
    - Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder
    - CBVA DMO wrapper filter
    - ATI MPEG Video Decoder
    - ATI MPEG Multiplexer
    - ATI CC Multiplexer

H.264 video decoder:
    - ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder
    - ATI MPEG Video DEcoder
    - ffdshow VFW decoder helper
    - ffdshow raw video filter

Audio decoder:
    - ffdshow Audio Decoder
    - Microsoft MPEG-1/dd Audio Decoder
    - MPA Decoder Filter

MediaPortal Config -> Television

MPEG-2 Video Decoder:
    - MPV Decoder
    - Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder
    - CBVA DMO wrapper filter
    - ATI MPEG Video Decoder
    - ATI MPEG Multiplexer
    - ATI CC Multiplexer

H.264 Wideo decoder:
    - ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder
    - ATI MPEG Video DEcoder
    - ffdshow VFW decoder helper
    - ffdshow raw video filter

Audio decoder:
    - ffdshow Audio Decoder
    - Microsoft MPEG-1/dd Audio Decoder
    - MPA Decoder Filter

Deinterlace mode:
    Do you suggest I should do anything here.

Thanks for helping me out guys! :)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    the1 - can you add your system specs to your user profile (and make sure they are visible to other users i.e. so that you have a 'My System' pop-up to the left of your posts).

For codec recommendations, if your video card supports hardware de-interlacing and H.264 acceleration, the best combination is probably PowerDVD 7 or 8 for MPEG-2 video and MPC-HC for H264 video. The ATi AVIVO codecs are not very good, I've not tried the Microsoft MPEG-2 decoder - my version of Vista doesn't have it available.

You should have a look at the SAF thread too - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-external-players-55/standalone-filters-mediaportal-saf-44614/

(To get the PowerDVD codecs, install a trial version of PowerDVD 7 or 8 - the codecs carry on working when the trial period ends :) - or buy a cheap OEM version for peanuts - or the codecs can be found floating around.....)

Given that the AVIVO codecs are not very good, I'd suggest un-installing them to keep the system as simple as possible - having a lot of codecs installed can make things worse rather than better, so don't be tempted to install any 'mega' codec packs etc :)

Tony

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Is there one specific codec you would recommend for each catergory?

And the deinterlacing mode... Should I just leave it as it is?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I use the same codecs for both (and for DVD).

I leave deinterlacing mode set to 'best', but I think this is ignored when hardware deinterlacing is used.

Tony

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    More help with the codecs would be appreciated because I do not really know what I am doing in regards to them.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Let's start with eliminating some errors, which might or might not be related (I don't use Vista:
    2009-03-05 18:38:00.529980 [ERROR][MPMain]: Error stopping MCE service "ehSched"
    2009-03-05 18:38:00.530980 [ERROR][MPMain]: !!! MediaPortal needs to be run as Administrator on Vista to stop the Media Center services that occupy your TV cards/remote control !!!
    2009-03-05 18:38:25.895980 [ERROR][MPMain]: PlaylistPlayer: *** unable to play - E:\Movies\BRRip + BDRip\Body of Lies 2008.mkv - skipping track!

Now, make sure to be loggied in with admin, rights. I'd guess you have to do this just to get Haali installed?

the1

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    I only have one user account set up and obviously I have made myself administrator so I don't understand why that is coming up.

Users who are viewing this thread