Filter out Sample directories (1 Viewer)

blargman

Portal Member
October 15, 2010
Home Country
Actually yours produced a parsing error and mp-tv ignored it. Though obviously it's the first one thats including the samples. Everything else imported fine without it :\

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Please give me some proper filename examples that fail, otherwise recreating 'your' problem isn't possible on my end.

Filenames containing 'sample' are properly ignored on my testbed, unless they are prefixed by 'the' (there is a Chuck episode with that title).

Also use the new import wizard to identify which expression is used and please paste that in your response, so that the right one is being edited.

NBD

January 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I got exactly the same problem with double episodes because of sample files/dirs.

For example this type of filename is failing.

[DIRECTORY]XXXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXXXX.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE
    [FILE]XXXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXXXX.s01e01.720p.hdtv.x264-immerse.rar
    [DIRECTORY]Sample
    [FILE]XXXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXXXXX.s01e01.720p.hdtv.x264-immerse.sample.mkv

I get a match on both the .mkv sample file and the .rar file. I use MPTV v2.6.6.1275 with default regex settings.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I got exactly the same problem with double episodes because of sample files/dirs.
    I get a match on both the .mkv sample file and the .rar file. I use MPTV v2.6.6.1275 with default regex settings.

If all your files are in a subfolder to your import path then you can use a temporary fix, and that is to edit the expression by changing "\\?" into "\\", so that the expression will always look for the last folder. This will solve your problems for the time being, but will not be the final solution, so keep an eye on the expression exchange thread for the new default once I figure out a solution that works for root import path files as well.

All fixed, please use the new default expression as per: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/701043-post25.html

It should make its way into the new build soon, but unless you install fresh or 'Reset' the expressions, you will have to manually update.

croyfer

Portal Member
    November 3, 2011

If all your files are in a subfolder to your import path then you can use a temporary fix, and that is to edit the expression by changing "\\?" into "\\", so that the expression will always look for the last folder. This will solve your problems for the time being, but will not be the final solution, so keep an eye on the expression exchange thread for the new default once I figure out a solution that works for root import path files as well.

All fixed, please use the new default expression as per: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/701043-post25.html

It should make its way into the new build soon, but unless you install fresh or 'Reset' the expressions, you will have to manually update.

I know this is an old thread, but I feel I have to bump it, since the solution that is provided here don't really work for me :-/

My sample files are sometimes picked out and sometime they are not.

Example: This one is okey, the sample file is ignored.
    Code:
    T:\Family Guy\Season 04\Family.Guy.S04E03.DVDRip.XviD-SAPHiRE\Sample\sph-fguy403-sample.avi

But on the other hand, this sample file are parsed as an episode.
    Code:
    T:\Family Guy\Season 01\Family.Guy.S01E01.INTERNAL.DVDRip.XviD-SChiZO\Sample\familyguy-s01e01-sample-schizo.avi

I'm thinking it's because the sample file has season and episode numbers in it. Am I correct here? In that case, how can I make a filter that picks out the sample files and folders?

I'm getting kinda frustrated now, so I'd love anyones oppinion here.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Try:

Code:
    ^(?:.*\\)?(?<series>[^\\]+?)[ _.\-\[]+(?:[s]?(?<season>\d+)[ _.\-\[\]]*[ex](?<episode>\d+)|(?:\#|\-\s)(?<season>(?!(?:\d{4}.\d{2}.\d{2}|\d{2}.\d{2}.\d{4}))\d+)\.(?<episode>\d+))(?:[ _.+-]+(?:[s]?\k<season>[ _.\-\[\]]*[ex](?<episode2>\d+)|(?:\#|\-\s)\k<season>\.(?<episode2>\d+))|(?:[ _.+-]*[ex+-]+(?<episode2>\d+)))*[ _.\-\[\]]*(?<title>(?!(?:[^\\].*?)?(?<!the)[ .(-]?sample[ .)-]).*?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

It is a serious modification to the sample detection system, and I did not get around to do mass testing on existing filenames.

So try it out please.

croyfer

Portal Member
    November 3, 2011

Try:

Code:
    ^(?:.*\\)?(?<series>[^\\]+?)[ _.\-\[]+(?:[s]?(?<season>\d+)[ _.\-\[\]]*[ex](?<episode>\d+)|(?:\#|\-\s)(?<season>(?!(?:\d{4}.\d{2}.\d{2}|\d{2}.\d{2}.\d{4}))\d+)\.(?<episode>\d+))(?:[ _.+-]+(?:[s]?\k<season>[ _.\-\[\]]*[ex](?<episode2>\d+)|(?:\#|\-\s)\k<season>\.(?<episode2>\d+))|(?:[ _.+-]*[ex+-]+(?<episode2>\d+)))*[ _.\-\[\]]*(?<title>(?!(?:[^\\].*?)?(?<!the)[ .(-]?sample[ .)-]).*?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

It is a serious modification to the sample detection system, and I did not get around to do mass testing on existing filenames.

So try it out please.

This is just what I needed :D Now the Samples just simply go away :D Awesome!

Would it be rude of me to ask you if you can help me out filter out the .rars that duplicate one episode. you know a rar archive where the files end with .part01.rar, .part02.rar, .part03.rar and so on... Is there a way to make the import simply pick out one instead of duplicating the episode multiple times?

The solutions I've found so far on the forum seem to dont work with your string. Do you know why?

Users who are viewing this thread