Firewall settings (2 Viewers)

ulischultz

Portal Pro
September 16, 2009
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
What ports do I need to open in firewalls (server and client) ?
I did not find that in the wiki for MP yet.

ulischultz

Portal Pro
September 16, 2009
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
Yes, I found that for MP1 also, but it does not apply for MP2. E.g. the mentioned .exe files do not exist in MP2 anymore.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The MP2 installer adds firewall exceptions for the main exe's (MP2-Client.exe / MP2-Server.exe service). So it should work in general.

Also the UPnP and HttpResource servers are using dynamic ports, so a rule by application is the better choice.

Does anything not work for you that you try to adjust firewall?

ulischultz

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2009
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem is, that when streaming a video file from the server to a client, it stops randomly playing.
    So I thought it might be a firewall issue.
    Do you have any other idea, why this happens?

ulischultz

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2009
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Media Source is a windows share on a windows 2012r2 server on which MP2 server is running.
    The files are .avi files. 720x400 resolution, 25fps, Bitrate 1401 kBit/s.
    The stops are really random.
    Attached the logs of the server and the client.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The logs confirm my idea about the cause:
    Code:
    [2015-09-11 18:48:55,690] [33380021] [100      ] [ERROR] - HttpRangeChunk: Error receiving data from http://192.168.2.21:52288/GetResource?ResourcePath=%7b03dd2da6-4da8-4d3e-9e55-80e3165729a3%7d%3a%2f%2f%2f%2fSERVERHOST%2fvideo%2fVideo-Archiv%2fFeuerwehrmann+Sam%2fPontypandy+in+Gefahr+(Film).avi
    System.Net.WebException: Die Anfrage wurde abgebrochen: Die Anfrage wurde abgebrochen..
       bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       bei MediaPortal.Common.Services.ResourceAccess.CachedMultiSegmentHttpStream.HttpRangeChunk.OnResponseReceived(IAsyncResult ar)

This means that the http based resource "bridge", which mounts remote files as "local" ones via DOKAN, is not able to keep a continuous stream.

This can be avoided if you create the media sources differently. Currently I think you are using a server-local folder (i.e. C:\Videos on server) as media source. If you use i.e. "\\Server\Videos", then the clients directly access the UNC share and not using the remote bridge. This way is better in terms of stability and performance.

On the other hand I'd like to see this issue solved, but the used HttpServer class has its limitations :(

ulischultz

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2009
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is strange, because it happens, with shares that use the UNC path.
    I never hat that issue with MP1.
    So was anything different there?
    Also sometimes, when resuming a client from standby, it is not connected to the server anymore. I then have to disconnect the client from the server and reconnect it.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I can confirm this issue and also that is is NOT solved by using UNC path for media share. This happens on Multiseat only. The first log file is with a server media source using local drive and the second log file is the same videos but this time the media source was added with UNC path... Same issues to find...

But you also can see lots of "Workflow Manager Deadlocks" in the logfile from the bedroom client. This happens on both, SingleSeat and Multiseat environment...

Users who are viewing this thread