Flirc USB dongle (2 Viewers)

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    yep, I use Flirc-V1 for main living room MP1 v1.16 client. Takes a little playing with flirc to see how flirc setup works. You also need the MP keyboard shortcuts from Keyboard Shortcuts MediaPortal (MP1) Keyboard Shortcuts MediaPortal - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki

I ended up making simple spreadsheet with 3 columns to keep track of how buttons/keyboard/Mp-Actions are mapped. Its easy to get lost halfway through doing the setup and trying to reuse/program the same remote button for multiple functions. There are a couple other threads about people using flirc,

crankshaft

Portal Member
    December 27, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    yep, I use Flirc-V1 for main living room MP1 v1.16 client. Takes a little playing with flirc to see how flirc setup works. You also need the MP keyboard shortcuts from Keyboard Shortcuts MediaPortal (MP1) Keyboard Shortcuts MediaPortal - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki

I ended up making simple spreadsheet with 3 columns to keep track of how buttons/keyboard/Mp-Actions are mapped. Its easy to get lost halfway through doing the setup and trying to reuse/program the same remote button for multiple functions. There are a couple other threads about people using flirc,
    Sweet, Cheers mate, might have to grab one this week. Ta

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@Greenhorn7 If you want to shutdown the PC by mapping a single button, you can do following. Go to settings/plugins/launcher/add application and add following application: Now go to settings/plugins/launcher/application menu and link sleep to the e.g. "Menu 1" Now map in settings/input devices/action shortcuts the configured...
    @Greenhorn7 If you want to shutdown the PC by mapping a single button, you can do following. Go to settings/plugins/launcher/add...
    Dear forum, I am having an issue with Flirc connected to MP2. Most keys are working fine, but when pressing the OK button, I am...
    Replies
    Views
    I guess from this, that the mapping steps basically work. Please try to map some of the keys you mention to be not working and upload the log files afterwards. Maybe @Brownard can see something and a solution can be found. Please open a thread in the OnlineVideo section for this, we should not mix 2 topics in one thread.
    I guess from this, that the mapping steps basically work. Please try to map some of the keys you mention to be not working and...
    I am having trouble to make my remote control work correctly on MP2. Having upgraded from MP1 to MP2 where the remote using the...
    Replies
    Views
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
    In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom