folder.jpg Noob Question (1 Viewer)

bstephens103

January 20, 2006
Can someone please tell me how folder.jpg works. I hear people talk about it but I can not find a topic on how to use it.

Slack

Portal Member
January 26, 2005
NC, USA
assuming it works as it does for xbmc.

Cover art for music & movies can be stored with the files on the local directory or remote share that is hosting them, by merely copying the appropriate image to the folder & renaming the image 'folder.jpg'.

I frequently grab DVD art and music artwork from Amazon.com & just drag & drop the image to my folder & rename.

there may be size restrictions etc.. I typically try to find a 200x200 pixel image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Well, thank you. Knowing that it is not the same Media Portal does help me, so I know I do not have to look into this any further. You are right, I think I just contact to Edision support next. Best regards
Well, thank you. Knowing that it is not the same Media Portal does help me, so I know I do not have to look into this any further...
Hi, I am new to this whole topic. I got a linux receiver Edision "OS nino+" and installed MediaPortal there. Unfortunately it does...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hello @hwahrmann, I have a question to the installation of MPTagThat (3.18 /MPTagThat 2 beta). Can someone tell me from which manufacturer is the installer of MPTagThat is? I would like to install the program, if possible in silent or unintended mode. Unfortunately, the usual silent parameters do not work. (tested /s /q...
Hi all, Hello @hwahrmann, I have a question to the installation of MPTagThat (3.18 /MPTagThat 2 beta). Can someone tell me from...
Hi all, Hello @hwahrmann, I have a question to the installation of MPTagThat (3.18 /MPTagThat 2 beta). Can someone tell me from...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Schedules Direct DE
Not quite that simple - or that complicated. I have used Schedules Direct for years and highly recommend it. There is a complete "how to" guide in the MP Wiki. Read that - yes it requires some work and time to get it going - but once running it's reliable and a very comprehensive EPG is the result.
Not quite that simple - or that complicated. I have used Schedules Direct for years and highly recommend it. There is a complete...
Can someone tell me exactly where and how you assign each channel to the EPG Guide in Schedules Direct? For the life of me, can...
Replies
Views
I recently installed 2.4.1. Can anyone tell me why my IE remote does not show up under Input Devices (I show only "WiFi Remote," which I do not have)? Device Manager lists Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver as working. I find the MP2 documentation quite confusing as to whether a plugin is needed or whether MP2 is supposed to work...
I recently installed 2.4.1. Can anyone tell me why my IE remote does not show up under Input Devices (I show only "WiFi Remote,"...
I recently installed 2.4.1. Can anyone tell me why my IE remote does not show up under Input Devices (I show only "WiFi Remote,"...
Replies
Views
I found the answer. The files were downloaded, and must have had some sort of corruption in them that passed the other players I tried them in, but produced the green bar in the TVSeries plugin. After downloading the files again, the problem went away. Thanks for your help.
I found the answer. The files were downloaded, and must have had some sort of corruption in them that passed the other players I...
Hi, A problem has just started when I use the TV Series plugin in MP1. The videos play, but with a broad green band at the very...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom